LAN feedback

19th - 22th February (# signed up, # paid)
mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

LAN feedback

Postby mikethegreek » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:49 am

I hope everyone got home safe after busy LAN.

We are after some feed back and thoughts about this LAN. Anything we could improve? anything we should not do again? Anything new you would like to see?
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: LAN feedback

Postby iMess » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Moar UT!
Trackmania was a bit fail!
Great atmosphere!
Not many games where the whole room was involved tho!
Moar UT!
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Stevemanics
BIFF
Origin ID: Stevemanics2
Battle.net: Stevemanics
steamid: Stevemanics

Postby Stevemanics » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Positives
    Sunday breakfast.
    Free chocolates.
    Some friendly people.
    Fridge space/Kitchen facilities in general.

Negatives
    Toilets. What happened? Did someone explode all over the floor?
    Did any of the tournaments other than TF2 and CS actually happen? I was looking forward to (doing badly in) them but didn't hear any announced.
    Linked to that, as iMess said, lack of games involving the whole room.
    It just felt a bit short. Like, by a day. Left me hoping that there's a LAN within about 90 minutes of Exeter that lasts 72+ hours rather than 46. Lo and behold, ShinyLAN at Wincanton Memorial Hall is coming up at Easter. YAY!

I'd definitely come back but probably only if I was coming with a few people again. Hopefully July but it depends on other non-LAN things.

Edit - Also, thank you to all of the staff for your efforts.
Last edited by Stevemanics on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:40 pm

This is personal preference, but while I enjoyed playing the tournaments (even after getting raped by the stacked teams) I hate when it takes precedent over the casual games. I missed the big games of tf2, gun game etc in which a load of people get involved purely for fun. Didn't really seem to happen this LAN. TF2 for example, winners were announced after only a few round and everyone bailed. Server stability didn't help.

Other then that it was good. First time with the new Internet and it made a big difference. Projector was good although it needs the bugs fixed. I'm sure Xcon will get to take a look at it in 2205. :)

the exterminator
BIFF
steamid: terminator3000

Postby the exterminator » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:23 pm

Merson wrote: I missed the big games of tf2, gun game etc in which a load of people get involved purely for fun. Didn't really seem to happen this LAN. TF2 for example, winners were announced after only a few round and everyone bailed. Server stability didn't help.

Other then that it was good. First time with the new Internet and it made a big difference. Projector was good although it needs the bugs fixed. I'm sure Xcon will get to take a look at it in 2205. :)

I agree with Merson on this.

Quiplash was amazing, even though there was too much maddie involved. :)

10/10 would come again
I am a #WindowsInsider

ManaTime
Unter Peon
steamid: manatime777

Postby ManaTime » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Yo!

Thanks for the feedback, we really do appreciate it! Sorry its taken so long to reply.. :roll:

We've had a staff chat about everything that's been said, and we take on board the problems we encountered. Sometimes its hard to get big games going, especially when not everyone wants to play them but we'll try to do more, but dont forget you can try and set it up too and get everyone to join in :) It would be great for more suggestions for big games, sometimes the same ones can be a bit tedious for everyone and its good to get a mix in, please please please let us know if theres something you want to do and we will try our hardest to make it happen.

Sorry about the toilets, thats bad part on us for not checking them but if there is something wrong or there needs to be more toilet paper, just grab a staff member. We wear Purple shirts and will happily provide you with toilet paper.

This Lan we had a technical hitch, and tried our hard to fix it such as one of the tf2 severs having a hissy fit, and a problem with Track Mania, but we made do with what we could.

As I said, thanks for the feedback and please feel free to share your ideas and feedback
I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.

GiraffeKOOOO
Westlan Staff
Origin ID: Cherry_killah
steamid: CherryKillah

Postby GiraffeKOOOO » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:37 am

ManaTime wrote:but if there is something wrong or there needs to be more toilet paper, just grab a staff member. We wear Purple shirts and will happily provide you with toilet paper.

I tried that....ended up joining in the conversation that finished at 5am and poor Gaz needed that toilet paper like 4 hours before :lol: :lol: :lol: it's ok I learned a lot about how this LAN started :lol:
I like trains Image Quake 3 rape trains

Return to “SaltLAN 38”