Just again for transparency for those who do not know us as well, WestLAN is not for profit, the Staff don't get paid (unless you count Friday lunch) for our time or transport costs etc, any profit we make goes into a kitty to give us a safety net for kit replacement, expansion or to cover a low attendee LAN etc if we are going to make a loss etc.
Why are we putting the price up?
- Hall Price has increased over time and power usage costs, we have absorbed these increases over time.
- Kit Storage, previously spread between staff, circumstances have changed on this for various members of staff, and ideally we want to centrally locate kit for ease of loading up, its down to us individually load a car of kit at home and drag to the LAN. so a central storage makes it easier for all to help each other out
- Potential Internet connection upgrade - to potentially contribute towards the cost between a ADSL2 19Mbit line and a FTTC 80/20 Mbit line which will hopefully allow us to back off internet QOS, port blocking etc and generally enhance the experience for all attendees, Steam Cache etc will still run to mitigate usage. - We need to discuss with the hall, but if we have to make it 0 Cost to them we would be surprised they would say no.
- General cost of your beautifully crafted artisan cooked Sunday breakfast roll served by our ex-chef MikeTheGreek (don't ask why hes ex chef, hes legally bound not to further discuss the case, its fine though)
- New servers and network kit - our server platform needs upgrading to support game servers, again we have been lucky to have access to personal kit owned by staff which has been loaned to run our game servers. we need to invest and keep our stuff up to date.
- Decent Prizes - you like em, we like giving em.
Any questions or anything else, feel free to ask
* Mike, can we have a coke and hookers fund?