Who's interested?

Which event?

DreamHack Summer 2015 – 13-16 June 2015, Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden (smaller event)
No votes
DreamHack Winter 2015 – 26-29 November 2015, Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden (bigger event)
36%
I'll go to both!
9%
I don't care, but I'll go to one!
18%
I'm such a large douchebag, that I could clean out a whale's vagina - I just want to vote on something.
36%

Total votes: 11

Techfreak-SSM
Phone-Monolith Admin
Battle.net: techfreakssm#2204
steamid: techfreak-ssm/techfreak2006

Re: Who's interested?

Postby Techfreak-SSM » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Guessing it's just myself and mike for the hotel as no one else has responded to the post.

Myself and mike are booking flights on Wednesday :), now my holiday has been confirmed :mrgreen:
Techfreak-SSM

LAN Projector Helper and Wiki Editor |
Website/blog

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Guess we'll book our flights before the end of the month as well then!

Techfreak-SSM
Phone-Monolith Admin

Postby Techfreak-SSM » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:58 am

Flights and Hotel have now been booked :)
Techfreak-SSM

Website/blog

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:54 am

Oh, I forgot to update here - I'm driving to Dreamhack this year in my new land rover :) once it's been repaired of course :)

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:01 am

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:12 pm

£1500 fuel costs later, xcon finally arrives...
...in France

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Merson wrote:£1500 fuel costs later, xcon finally arrives...
...in France

curiously though, his baggage turns up in denmark.

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

I will have to start taking bets on what day James will make it to the LAN :D
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

Techfreak-SSM
Phone-Monolith Admin

Postby Techfreak-SSM » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 pm

LOL, this could be interesting.
Techfreak-SSM

Website/blog

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence you arseholes! xD

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 am

I'm sure you'll be fine - just as you're going through Europe try and avoid doing the old Scandinavian Flick
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Took a while, but our flights are booked. Will book the trains at the end of the month when we enter the 90 "cheap tickets" period.

Techfreak-SSM
Phone-Monolith Admin

Postby Techfreak-SSM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Tickets go onsale in 2 days........ #DHW15hype
Techfreak-SSM

Website/blog

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Ah coolio. Looking forward to getting my ticket ;)

I'm still doing research into unorthadox ways of getting there - mostly involving my Land Rover which costs £200 per 1000 miles in fuel.

If you're interested, or even are considering joining me, then this is what I've found so far.

Driving & Ferry - Eurostar -> Belgium, Northern Germany, Denmark, Sweden - one way; 1100 miles driving (17 hours or so)
The cheapest by far, and most enthusiastic, but I am concerned that there won't be enough to do on route to justify it. The only cities it takes me through are Brussels, Hamburg & Copenhagen - all of which I've done before. The route is not particularly scenic and I would not go through any major landmarks either.

Driving & Ferry - Immingham (UK), Ferry to Gothernburg -> Jönköping - one way; 300 miles (4 hours or so), 26 hour ferry
The shortest driving route, with most of it in the UK (211 miles from mine to Immingham, 90 miles in Sweden). Not so much to do en en route, and it's 26 hours on a ferry across the north sea. I think this is the worst option - it's something you'd do if you just wanted to say "I took a weird route" - it's cost/time : fun ratio sucks.

Driving & Ferry - Newcastle, Ferry to Bergen (Norway), drive to Jönköping - one way 750 miles (12 hours, but would spread over several days), 24 hour ferry
If time and money were absolutely no option, this is what I would go for. It's mostly a rural road trip through beautiful Norway. I'd get to see lots of fjords, and generally it would be awesome and I'd spread it out over 5-7 days ideally. The issue is that it would take a lot of time and money (Norway is freaking expensive).

A serious concern is that rural Norway is desolate, and should anything happen to the car it would be difficult and very expensive to get going again. More of a concern is driving there in winter. That's probably not for the faint of heart.

Driving & Ferry - Harwich, Ferry to Esbjerg (Denmark) - 500 miles (8 hours driving or so), 15 hour ferry
This is pretty cool - quite a lot of road trip, and a chance to look more into Denmark. It would be cool to travel across all 3 islands, and maybe this is an option with a ferry back via Gothenburg. 550 miles one way.

Train - Eurostar, Brussels, Cologne, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Malmo, Jönköping
£160 or so seems to be possible. Looking into this quite a lot too. While it's pretty much the same cities as if I were driving direct, I'd get to visit them for much cheaper. I've done all of them before, but they're cool enough to see again for a day or two at that ticket price.

If you wanted to tick off a bunch of European cities and wanted a guide who's done them all before, it would be a good option for you to jump in on.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 am

You'll want to be booking trains on the 31st if you are taking that route as the cheaper train prices will be available. The outbound prices are already available and I have to say they are very cheap.

Two people (20-25 youth) from Copenhagen Airport to Jönköping C is 390SEK (£30/€41).
Wednesday 25 November, Leaves: 16:50, Arrives: 19:56, 1 change, 03:06 travel time.

Return to “Dreamhack 2015 (Summer/Winter)”