Who's interested?

Which event?

DreamHack Summer 2015 – 13-16 June 2015, Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden (smaller event)
No votes
DreamHack Winter 2015 – 26-29 November 2015, Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden (bigger event)
36%
I'll go to both!
9%
I don't care, but I'll go to one!
18%
I'm such a large douchebag, that I could clean out a whale's vagina - I just want to vote on something.
36%

Total votes: 11

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Who's interested?

Postby xconspirisist » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:59 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a something to propose: The WestLAN punters get together for another visit to Dreamhack in Sweden! We've been doing this since 2011, and those that have attended in the past have really enjoyed the event! :)

So, before this year is up, let me propose we repeat this experience. Absolutely anybody from WestLAN is welcome, the more the merrier. This time around I'm putting up a poll to decide which events we attend - plenty of notice for either or both. It gives you a few months to save up and book holiday off.

If you want to visit Sweden as part of the trip - a little holiday, I'm happy to provide advice on things to see and do. I travel quite a lot for work and often book flights, hotels, etc. So I can either do a group booking and travel arrangements, or just provide advice on travel if anyone wants help. We don't all have to book the same flights, hotels, or travel on the same dates - some of us might want to combine this trip with a holiday, where others just want to attend a LAN. I've personally got a secret and epic idea in mind, but I'll divulge more when it matures a little.

For now, just vote in the poll and reply below so we can gauge interest!

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Re: Who's interested?

Postby Crafty » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 am

Up for either - summer has the benefits of nicer weather and that cool little theme park thing. Winter gives more time to prep and is considered the "bigger" of the two :D
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:03 am

xconspirisist wrote:I travel quite a lot for work and often book flights, hotels, etc.

Says the man who did not book a place to stay last time :P haha

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 am

I didn't fancy sleeping while I waited for my train! I walked around Stockohlm for 6 hours - must have done quite a few miles, good to see the old place again. :)

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:40 pm

I am up for ether but would prefer the winter event.
Dont have any plan s for a holiday at the same time unless this secret idea is something special :)
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:11 pm

I would prob prefer the winter one also, plenty of time to make arrangements then

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin
Origin ID: Merson
Battle.net: Merson#2706
steamid: Merson

Postby Merson » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Well I've booked time off for winter. So I'll be going to that one! :)

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:44 pm

fyi i would be looking to get a room in Scandic hotel for the time there and head down to it the day before the LAN to get a good night sleep.
I adblock Freelance

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:23 pm

what sort of price would that be mike?
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm

the biggest room they do is a 4 bed room.
Arriving the day before than LAN and leaving on the last day at midday would be 4 nights and £141 each at the current exchange rate (Winter LAN)
I adblock Freelance

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 pm

The other option is the 25th - 30th (5 nights) arrive at the hotel the day before the LAN and leave the day after the LAN
that £170 each for a 4 bed room. we would normally stay in Stockholm before travailing back so may as well just stay in the same hotel then travel back the next day.
I adblock Freelance

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:32 pm

That option is going to be dependant on flights for me. It's annoying to get direct flights to Stockholm from Dublin.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:26 am

I really want to go to winter 15. Can anyone lend me a gaming laptop for the duration :)

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:19 am

Personally might not take a gaming laptop and take an ultra book instead. I never remember doing a massive amount of gaming there and usually the esports was more then enough to tide me over for the three days. It would save lugging quite a bit of weight around.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:35 am

Good point actually, I didn't play a massive amount of games either. I need to see if I can get this off work etc. When are you looking at booking flights and hotel?

Edit:

Did anyone look at getting flights closer to Jonkoping or is it still insanely difficult/expensive to fly to anywhere but Stockholm. I don't care about anything other than Dreamhack really, I want to fly in, go to the LAN, then fly home asap with minimal train journeys once it ends.

Return to “Dreamhack 2015 (Summer/Winter)”