Places to visit

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Places to visit

Postby neon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:26 pm

This is more general than just this dreamhack trip, but possibly worth a mention for lack of a better place to put it.

If you are looking for new things to see while visiting a holiday destination, this site might be of interest. http://www.sightsmap.com/

It shows a heatmap of where people have taken photos (hurrah for EXIF & GPS data). Mike and I were looking at it last night to see where else we might want to visit in Japan. It seems a good way of finding places that guides may not have suggested but are worth a visit for the view. Zooming in gives you the individual photos and markers for the sites in question.

Thought I would share :)

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Re: Places to visit

Postby xconspirisist » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:09 pm

This really is spectacular, after spending quite some time on travel websites I've never before seen anything like this, other than Google maps "cool stuff's" layers.

Thanks for sharing, I'll use it when I'm in Belgium next week (although dammit, I know that city inside and out... I think - I'll put it to the test with this tool!).

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:04 am

xconspirisist wrote:Thanks for sharing, I'll use it when I'm in Belgium next week (although dammit, I know that city inside and out... I think - I'll put it to the test with this tool!).

Belgium is a country not a city :wink:

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Seems like I need that map after all! :mrgreen:

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 am

http://www.fieldtripper.com

Ideal for you James :)
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Return to “Dreamhack Winter 2014”