Renegade-X

7th - 9th March 2014 (# signed up, # paid)
AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Renegade-X

Postby AlienX » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:02 pm

I thought that I would just post this here, there is a nice fan-made standalone mod that started in 2006 and got released last week called Renegade-X.

It's the old-skool Renegade created by Westwood Studios (RIP) 12 or-so years ago recreated in the Unreal 3 Engine using the UDK.

The gameplay is just stunning, they have managed to keep every bit of the oldskool renegade action.

A few of us over at AGNGaming.com have been playing this and have a server up and running for it, we really enjoyed the gameplay and I would love to see this played on a large scale at the LAN Party.

http://www.renegade-x.com

It's free, you do not need Unreal Tournament 3 to play it as it uses the UDK, go grab it!

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Re: Renegade-X

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:29 pm

That looks absolutely badass. :) Download and host the installer, I'll install at the LAN, well up for trying this out!

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Wow, this has been a very long time for the dev team. Such an achievement!
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

egg99
LAN Mother
Origin ID: egg99rhubarb
steamid: Egg99

Postby egg99 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 pm

AlienX wrote:A few of us over at AGNGaming.com have been playing this and have a server up and running for it, we really enjoyed the gameplay and I would love to see this played on a large scale at the LAN Party.

It was really good fun! I need to find a spare few hours to practise some more this week before LAN!

ShaneC
1337 Krew

Postby ShaneC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Ooh, that looks like good fun indeed. Off to download, cheers :D

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 am

Had a few of us playing on AGNGaming.com's server this evening, was a proper laugh - then the server had 40 people in it, and it was craaaaaaaaaazy!
I have missed Renegade, very much so!

Should be fun at LAN :)

sub7
n00b

Postby sub7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 am

I played it last night, fantastic game. Reminds me of Wolfenstein: enemy territorys online game play. Awesome :)

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 am

sub7 wrote:I played it last night, fantastic game. Reminds me of Wolfenstein: enemy territorys online game play. Awesome :)

It reminds me of the original Renegade game play. Weird! :wink:
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Return to “SaltLAN 32”