The Hype Thread

7th - 9th March 2014 (# signed up, # paid)
Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Re: The Hype Thread

Postby Neomancer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Sorry, edited for clarification.

ewewooldye
n00b

Postby ewewooldye » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi, newbie here. Can you please advise whether SaltLAN suitable for vegetarians? :?

Neomancer

Postby Neomancer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:22 pm

ewewooldye wrote:Hi, newbie here. Can you please advise whether SaltLAN suitable for vegetarians? :?

Oh god. we can't have TWO vegetarians, jeeze find your OWN lanparty!

also, lan attendees are friends, not food

Kidding. all good, not really sure how it can't be suitable, I just demand extra egg for the breakfast baps ;)

egg99
LAN Mother
Origin ID: egg99rhubarb
steamid: Egg99

Postby egg99 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Neomancer wrote:
Kidding. all good, not really sure how it can't be suitable, I just demand extra egg for the breakfast baps ;)

I don't taste good stuffed between two bits of bread...

Neomancer

Postby Neomancer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:23 pm

egg99 wrote:
Neomancer wrote:

I don't taste good stuffed between two bits of bread...

:oops:

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:43 pm

This girl came up to me today and said she recognised me from vegetarian club.
I was confused, I'd never met herbivore.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:46 pm

ohnm nom nom, fresh meat! :)

If you're actually serious about the vegetarian thing - we don't provide food! The standard operating procedure is to go to Tesco and buy your bodyweight in cheesestrings, pasties and fizzy drinks, and gorge your way through the weekend!

We do provide a free breakfast bap on Sundays at some events. Our registered vegetarian either has stuffed animals in his bap (they're vegetarian, you see), or just egg. If you're a vegan, you're odd, but it's up to you to buy the food that you would like!

iMess: That's brilliant. :)

ewewooldye
n00b

Postby ewewooldye » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:20 am

Neomancer: I do my own lanparty (at home) a couple of times a year, 13 people at the last one although its getting to be a bit of a squeeze. I've been meaning to come to Westlan for some time but they have always been too close to my lan parties or other 'life' stuff gets in the way. Any chance you could change your dates to fit in better with my plans? :wink:

egg99: no

iMess: nice

xconspirisist: No, I'm not serious about the food (although I am a veggie). I will make sure I bring plenty of pot noodles and energy drink!

Really looking forward to my first Westlan, please be gentle.

On a side note, is it true eating meat makes people less intelligent? :wink:

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 am

Pot noodles? Save your money. Budleigh has an indian & chinese and of course people are always making tesco runs!
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety

Postby xconspirisist » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 pm

No, I'm not serious about the food (although I am a veggie). I will make sure I bring plenty of pot noodles and energy drink!

This is basically me, I'm just fatter;

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 pm

One seat left.

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:37 pm

So, we're running a busy event this time round, just a few notes for you all;

Friends: We've got 57 people PAID/CONFIRMED, with another 4 people just waiting on PAYPAL Confirmation - that indeed leaves 1 last seat!

We're going to have to be really strict on "just bringing a mate" along to this event chaps - you have a ticket, or you don't sit down! We _cannot_ easily got to 63, 64, 65 people with mates that turn up during the event. To be clear, you need to be marked as "PAID" or "CONFIRMED" on the signup page to attend SaltLAN 32 and get a seat with power/network.

Network: We have enough network ports for all punters (80 ports in total), but we will only have 16 ports (max) available for servers. We don't charge extra for servers, and in the past it's just been a "if there's room, you can plug it in sort of deal" - same for this evening. We take up about 4 of the spare 16 ports for the WestLAN servers, so we'll handle people's servers on a first come, first serve basis. If there is a strong demand, we can put out a spare unmanaged 1 gig switch, but obviously that'll be a little slower to your server than you may be used to.

Power: There should not be any problems with power, as long as everyone is sensible. Our power infrastructure can cope with 60+ machines, but we might have to be strict on the mini fridges, microwaves and other crap that people plug in.

Kitchen: Wash up after yourselves for christ sake, we're not your mothers. Use the microwave and kitchen by all means, but you'll be cleaning up your nuked pizza!

Toilets: The single male loo can get busy, there is a disabled loo just next to it, and the girls bathroom can be used if it looks empty and the one or two girls don't mind. Use common sense here.

egg99
LAN Mother
Origin ID: egg99rhubarb
steamid: Egg99

Postby egg99 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:39 pm

xconspirisist wrote: Toilets: The single male loo can get busy, there is a disabled loo just next to it, and the girls bathroom can be used if it looks empty and the one or two girls don't mind. Use common sense here.

Lol, just remember to flush and leave us some bog roll.

psymon
Unter Peon

Postby psymon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

egg99 wrote:
xconspirisist wrote: Toilets: The single male loo can get busy, there is a disabled loo just next to it, and the girls bathroom can be used if it looks empty and the one or two girls don't mind. Use common sense here.

Accuracy not important? Roger that!

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:11 pm

psymon wrote:
egg99 wrote:

Accuracy not important? Roger that!

perhaps mark one of the 3 ladies as "only for ladies"

Return to “SaltLAN 32”