Post LAN thread

18th - 20th October 2013 (# signed up, # paid)
Jani
Swearing Admin

Post LAN thread

Postby Jani » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks again guys, a cracking LAN. Haven't seen it at capacity for a few years and I know I probably say this every time but this really was the best event for ages. It was fantastic to see so many n00bs, so thanks to you all for coming along and of course Chris for bringing down the Bournemouth troops.

Didn't play a massive amount of games (missed out on Trackmania as I forgot my controller :() but talked to a lot of people and had some fun on CS:S surf maps etc :)

I took loads of photos, will sort through the best ones and get them into the gallery! Also will get the time lapse video I did up on Youtube soon.

Thanks to the staff for putting on a great LAN once again and Neil it was great sitting next to you, and well done everyone for doing all your dishes! Hope to see you all in February/March or whenever the next one may be!

:D

Techfreak-SSM
Phone-Monolith Admin
Battle.net: techfreakssm#2204
steamid: techfreak-ssm/techfreak2006

Re: Post LAN thread

Postby Techfreak-SSM » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Agreed Awesome LAN, it good to see a large gathering. Apologizes for not making my way round, gonna blame that on partial jet laggyness.

Hope to see the new people that attend this LAN at the next event.
Techfreak-SSM

LAN Projector Helper and Wiki Editor |
Website/blog

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:06 pm

LAN withdrawal symptoms kicked in so we played some CSS. Forgot I had the best spray in the world.

P.S: Choose Feb dates for the next LAN so i can go. Kthx.

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Jani wrote: well done everyone for doing all your dishes!

This... so much.

so many times we have had a massive pile of dishes to clear up and lose a few members of staff to the kitchen during the pack up, made it a ton easier for us. :)

Jammy
Unter Peon

Postby Jammy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Neomancer wrote:
Jani wrote: well done everyone for doing all your dishes!

This... so much.

so many times we have had a massive pile of dishes to clear up and lose a few members of staff to the kitchen during the pack up, made it a ton easier for us. :)

You make us breakfast, the least we can do is clean up a little afterward :)

Thanks staff for all the time you put in to make things "happen" and hopefully see you in March.

Look forward to playing online with you all in the mean time.

ShaneC
1337 Krew

Postby ShaneC » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Another great LAN, thanks ever so much for such a great job yet again. Nice to see so many new people, I think everyone enjoyed themselves, it certainly looked like it.

Now it's time to detox from Rustlers and Haribo sweets :)

egg99
LAN Mother
Origin ID: egg99rhubarb
steamid: Egg99

Postby egg99 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:00 am

I love LAN! Still buzzing this morning! Can't wait 'til next time!

Thanks again you super people.
Egg x

Houlden
Unter Peon

Postby Houlden » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 am

What can I say? Another awesome LAN :D

Best one I've been to yet I'd say, nice and packed out and always someone to play something with! Lots of awesome friendly people always willing to help out, shout out to the staff as well!

Also, that Steam cache was brilliant, installing some games at like 15mb/s was just cool as anything, I think Borderlands 2 would be one to have up there as well for next time, so many people playing that!

Thank you as always WestLAN! See ya next time :mrgreen:
i5 3570k - Hyper 212 Evo - ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance - 2x SLI MSI 760 - 128GB Samsung 830 - 1TB WD Red

Jammy
Unter Peon

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 am

Houlden wrote:I think Borderlands 2 would be one to have up there as well for next time, so many people playing that!

Gotta love BL2, if only we could get more than 4 people in at once, be nice to be able to get a mass of people all taking on Terramophus or something. There is the issue of Level difference to, people that have had it a while, have generally completed the campaign multiple times with different characters and at different difficulties, so generally are more looking to take on raid bosses than doing the campaign again from scratch.

Maybe we need a page of players and their different leveled characters so you can try form up a group of people of a similar level, if I knew of people with level ~50 i'd of probably played BL2 quite a bit at the LAN :)

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

We can sort something out for some weekend/evening games. i am always looking for someone to play BL2 with and take on the big guys
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:55 pm

I has many photographz to upload :D

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Oh, and here is one of the 15,980 stills that will comprise the time lapse (coming soon!)

egg99
LAN Mother
Origin ID: egg99rhubarb
steamid: Egg99

Postby egg99 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Great photos, Jani! Although I still think that one of Alien in the kitchen is pretty terrifying!

CrazyMonk
BIFF

Postby CrazyMonk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:31 am

Thank you for a great LAN!

Blood
Unter Peon

Postby Blood » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks guys for an awesome LAN. It has been awhile since i came to the last one in 2009 but it's still as good as ever. Lots of friendly people and always another game going on to join once one finishes as other people have said. Enjoyed playing some DOW, bit of IG spam never goes a miss lol. Also enjoyed the big games of CS:S / UT2004 / Track mania (when it finally installed). Met some new ppl, saw some old faces and hope to get to meet more on upcoming events.

Cheers to all who came and props to the staff for organizing the event as well as games, the projector certainly helps.

Also my breakfast bap on Sunday was lovely so big thumbs up for that :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next one.

Return to “SaltLAN 31”