Kustom Delivery to SaltLAN 30

5th - 7th April 2013 (# signed up, # paid)
GraemeKustom
n00b

Re: Kustom Delivery to SaltLAN 30

Postby GraemeKustom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am

Crafty wrote:Hi Graeme,

Just to confirm - could you deliver this keyboard to this LAN?

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30077.html

Arriving on Thursday, will be just in time to go out again for the LAN delivery. I've adjusted the website to allow this to be pre-ordered now.

neon wrote:I've finally managed to get a chance to look around the Kustom store. After many complaints about my audio I was planning to get a semi decent headset, didn't massively like the look of the usb ones (clearly my soundcards are at fault). So was looking for a usb headset, the only one I like the look of is not in the usb section, but comes with an adapter. The Corsair Vengeance 1100. Unfortunately, it has 3-4 days lead time, I can't imagine I'm going to be in luck to get that in time for the lan delivery?

Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

Not going to be able to get that Corsair headset here quickly enough now, sorry :(

Couple of others worth looking at, certainly I thought both the Creative Tactic 3D Alpha and Asus ROG Orion Pro sounded great and felt comfortable, and gives a couple of budget points to look at.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_41040.html
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_41081.html

Wishy wrote:Second order in!

The mini-itx power supply you sold me in 2008 in the server died - bulgy capacitor plague. I demand sweeties as compensation for my lost uptime :wink:

(For those not in the know, between 2003-2009ish there were a lot of dodgy capacitors which went into lots of power supplies - not just PC's, also TV's and lots of consumer electronics. There were some in motherboards and graphics card affected too. I can reduce the risk of me getting caught with this sort of problem by buying quality PSU's which use quality components, but that's much harder with mini-itx. Kustom aren't at fault here, OEMs worked out they could save themselves a few pennies by using crap quality components and nobody really noticed until they started failing!)

heh, will have a look for some sweets to put in.

Was it as late as 2009 those were still in circulation? I'm aware of the rogue capacitors being around 10 years ago (rumoured it was someone who stole manufacturing info and then took it to a competitor got something wrong in the electrolyte formula) but thought they had all disappeared sooner. It's pretty much though why you now see motherboard manufacturers often detailing how good the capacitors are on their new motherboards. You wouldn't think this is something to boast about, but it's only because they were popping all over the place on their boards a decade ago...

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 pm

GraemeKustom wrote:Not going to be able to get that Corsair headset here quickly enough now, sorry :(

Couple of others worth looking at, certainly I thought both the Creative Tactic 3D Alpha and Asus ROG Orion Pro sounded great and felt comfortable, and gives a couple of budget points to look at.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_41040.html
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_41081.html

Yeah, I didn't think so. No worries.
As for those two, an interesting choice. Decisions decisions. I've not been a fan of the Creative stuff because of their ridiculous drivers, so the Asus looks ok. Not sure about the mic on the Asus though, looks a little like it might be a little lacking?

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Keyboard ordered :)

also - is this delivered on the friday to the LAN for the start? not sure whether to bring a keyboard with me (flying over from Ireland)
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:50 pm

GraemeKustom wrote:Was it as late as 2009 those were still in circulation? I'm aware of the rogue capacitors being around 10 years ago (rumoured it was someone who stole manufacturing info and then took it to a competitor got something wrong in the electrolyte formula) but thought they had all disappeared sooner. It's pretty much though why you now see motherboard manufacturers often detailing how good the capacitors are on their new motherboards. You wouldn't think this is something to boast about, but it's only because they were popping all over the place on their boards a decade ago...

Thanks for your earlier email - some stock problems which graham has sorted out by finding an alternative power supply for me :)

I've had a cap from a 2007 era shuttle psu and a 2008 era matx psu which have died on me. (The psu at a lan party, sorted our by mr jeffords father with a soldering iron and a spare cap. This is the reason I stopped buying shuttle - the shuttle left me screwed, my standard atx psu going would have been a trip to pc world). I definitely buy quality PSU's now.

Caps are definitely bulged anyway. The Picopsu's seem to use solid jap ones, which should cope with the torment of a mitx system and limited cooling with less... going pop...
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Asus Headphones ordered :) Thanks for the suggestions Graeme.

Crafty wrote:is this delivered on the friday to the LAN for the start? not sure whether to bring a keyboard with me (flying over from Ireland)

It should arrive for the start of the event on Friday. I'll bring along a backup keyboard for you encase it is a little late. Would PS2 be alright, or is USB a must? I'm sure I can dig either out of the bits box :)

Crafty

Postby Crafty » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 am

usb or ps2 would be fine
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Graeme has sent off our goodies :)
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

GraemeKustom
n00b

Postby GraemeKustom » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Hope you all enjoyed your new shiny things / edibles. :)

And that the weekend was enjoyable, perhaps even with some fine Armagetron?

Commander Bert
Ring Toss Admin

Postby Commander Bert » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Shiny things were very nice :D!

Neomancer
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 pm

All received Graeme,

I now will be coming back from NYC with a large suitcase full of peanut butter M&M's next month ;)

We are poking our tamed website admin to get the adverts etc linked back to you, but he has been out of the country! Thanks very much for your generous donations for prizes!

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Yep, all arrived nice and shiny.
We didn't get around to playing the Armagetron unfortunately, everyone was busy playing other things.
I have the setups for future events though, many thanks!

Crafty

Postby Crafty » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi graeme,

thanks for pushing the deliveries out to make it to the lan - you're awesome.

the keyboard infused me with superior skills and was able to beat everyone in every game - weird 8)

thanks again

/popcorn

bloodtobleed
Westlan Staff
Origin ID: bloodtobleed
Battle.net: bloodtobleed#2312
steamid: 02cfranklin

Postby bloodtobleed » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Crafty wrote:the keyboard infused me with superior skills and was able to beat everyone in every game - weird 8)

Check yo'self befo' yo' wreck yo'self, son.

Neomancer
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

bloodtobleed297 wrote:
Crafty wrote:the keyboard infused me with superior skills and was able to beat everyone in every game - weird 8)

Check yo'self befo' yo' wreck yo'self, son.

please wait while i change your avatar to :

GraemeKustom
n00b

Postby GraemeKustom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Crafty wrote:the keyboard infused me with superior skills and was able to beat everyone in every game

Those skills you always had, they were just waiting for the right weapon.

Or something to that effect.

Return to “SaltLAN 30”