Kustom Delivery to SaltLAN 30

5th - 7th April 2013 (# signed up, # paid)
GraemeKustom
n00b

Kustom Delivery to SaltLAN 30

Postby GraemeKustom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Hello!

Hold steady on that report button, I have Neil's blessing to post my corporate stuff here, it's not spam I promise. :)

Basically, just a quick post to let you know that our LAN delivery service is now set up for SaltLAN30 - this is a facility where we have a checkout delivery option on our store to pick for the LAN and if you order stuff from our store, it's in a consolidated shipment and ready and waiting for you at the start of the event.

What's Kustom? - I realise and appreciate our store isn't quite as well known as the usual 'big names' in computer parts in the UK, but we're fairly well known in the circles around LAN events. While we offer the usual bread and butter PC related range, our main focusses are on gaming, modding and lifestyle products related to PCs. So sticking with the former, that means that we have a huge range of peripherals, clearly presented (for instance there's categories on the store to browse mechanical keyboard by switch type, mouse mats by surface type and so on), through to more specifically LAN-relevant products like case and monitor carrying kits, security kits to keep your system chained to the desk, and a healthy selection of caffeine-infused items like drinks and gum to keep you awake through the weekend. The LAN Gaming area of our store makes for a relevant starting point for a browse - http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/LAN_Shop.html .

The Delivery option - This is nice and easy :) Pop over to http://www.kustompcs.co.uk, put products in the basket, and submit an order by choosing the delivery method 'Pickup from SaltLAN 30, Westcountry, 5th April (£0.00)' during checkout. Note that you still need to enter your own address as normal (it's needed for card verification), and make sure to pick 'United Kingdom' for the country and 'UK Mainland' for the area, otherwise you won't see the relevant delivery option on the next page.

Cut off time is Thursday 4th April 2pm

Freebies - Always happy to include a few treats to LAN events, and I understand there's a theme of chocolate based prizes at SaltLAN, so expect to see some of our range of American candies provided for that this time round :)

Any queries on any of the above or otherwise, just pop a reply on this thread or feel free to email me directly on graeme 'at' kustompcs.co.uk

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: Kustom Delivery to SaltLAN 30

Postby iMess » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Oh hi Graeme :)
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks Graeme :)

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 am

Aw shit.. You're the only place to do Das keyboards in the UK. But they're all on pre-order, any guarantee for the LAN? I would buy one in a heartbeat.

For those who don't know about these:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/

Last edited by Merson on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

*hugs Graeme*
Thanks for posting!

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 am

Superb, many thanks Graeme! :D

Merson, I've been very tempted to get a DasKeyboard for a while myself. I hadn't realised Kustom was the only UK stockist. Although I'm too used to the MS Ergo 4000 now, if only they did a version with proper clicky keys instead I'd buy it in an instant.

Update: I've been tempted to order some LAN Strudle just for the heck of it :)

GraemeKustom
n00b

Postby GraemeKustom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Merson wrote:Aw shit.. You're the only place to do Das keyboards in the UK. But they're all on pre-order, any guarantee for the LAN? I would buy one in a heartbeat.

For those who don't know about these:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/

There's a delivery of Das keyboards coming this week - includes Das Professional Silent UK, Das Ultimate, Das Ultimate Silent, Das Professional Mac.

I think the Professional UK (eg clicky version with blue switches) and Professional US Silent are delayed a little. So the above would be fine to deliver to WestLAN, the latter two may be cutting it fine. Would be able to confirm better nearer the time.

GraemeKustom
n00b

Postby GraemeKustom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

neon wrote:Update: I've been tempted to order some LAN Strudle just for the heck of it :)

heehee, admittedly it's blocked from ordering now - was put up as a joke years ago when I had been saying on a post that we had *everything* needed for LAN. Someone commented 'ah but you don't have Strudel'. Playing along, I put that on the website for the fun of it, but then had to run around supermarkets finding some to buy when people subsequently ordered it.

Now though, we get Strudel in a far more LAN-friendly form, http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7399.html - trying to get these restocked at the moment, but basically it provides Strudel in microwavable convenience. As defrosting and cooking an actual pastry isn't always so easy, although I was assured by the folk who ordered it previously that they would wrap it in tinfoil and slow cook it above a barbeque. Clearly they had done this before.

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Barbequing a frozen apple strudel. Well, it's certainly different. I'll mention it the next time we do a barbeque at Westlan.
Anyone up for joining me?

- Neil

Neomancer
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

I really want some American candy.

tempted to sample it so I know what to fill my suitcase with when I come back from the states in a few months :)

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm

GraemeKustom wrote:There's a delivery of Das keyboards coming this week - includes Das Professional Silent UK, Das Ultimate, Das Ultimate Silent, Das Professional Mac.

I think the Professional UK (eg clicky version with blue switches) and Professional US Silent are delayed a little. So the above would be fine to deliver to WestLAN, the latter two may be cutting it fine. Would be able to confirm better nearer the time.

Thanks just put in an order for the Ultimate clicky. :)

Crafty

Postby Crafty » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 pm

i think i''ll rage a keyboard from you as well - impulse buying, god dammit.
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Has anybody got any recommendations on game controllers.

Hotels are frequently lacking a nice desk to play games on. Playing things like batman arkham city
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Could just get a USB Xbox controller, they do the trick :)

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Agreed, the USB Xbox controllers are pretty good and supported by most games (required for some games). I bought mine from Kustom a year or two back. The wired ones are out of stock, but the wireless are available. It seems the only downside to the wireless controllers is the lack of a laptop friendly usb dongle.

Return to “SaltLAN 30”