arrival

19:00 2nd - 17:00 4th November 2012 (# signed up, # paid)
Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

arrival

Postby Gooseman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:43 pm

i know that we are not supposed to arrive before starting time (7pm) and no earlier than 6pm.

but this is a warning that as i intend to leave about 1pm, its approx a 4 hour trip with good traffic (including a stop), and im expecting traffic, however if i do arrive early, then i am more than happy to help you finish setting up, whether its putting names on desks or running cables.

i have to travel 210 miles so the journy is always unpredictable for me, hope you guys understand

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Re: arrival

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 am

Gooseman, we do not understand. You may enter the hall at 6 if you arrive unexpectedly early, please do not plan to be there before the start time. The event starts at 7, that is when the doors are open for people to start coming in.

We need the time for setup, the lan takes between 5-7 hours to setup most times, from putting tables out, power, network and configuring servers. You are traveling the same distance as me, please make an extended stop at Tescos or something if you are going to turn up early. We are not being mean, it's just that setup needs to be done properly, and often at 4, 5 and 6 the staff are stressed out from an early start and are fixing things that have gone wrong. People turning up early is a pain in the ass, not a help most of the time.

That goes for everyone else as well please, we don't want to do special rules for (special) people. The doors open at 7 for everyone to come into the hall, please try to plan your jouney properly.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 am

I plan my journy to cope with delays, my 4 hours is without delays, yet i know the m4, so i expect 1 - 2 hour delays.

but as i said, if i arrive early, i have helped with shiny setup before, im more than happy if i need to to be told what to do, and it will be done

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 am

Gooseman, if you want to add time into your journey to accommodate delays and still arrive early, please go to the local pub, park, or Tescos until the event starts.

It starts at 7. Thanks for offering to help set up, but actually it's more of a pain in the ass then you think it is - help packing away on Sunday is great, but during setup the staff are normally stressed and we just like to do things our way.

Please do not arrive before 7. Not special rules for you Goose, even though I know you are traveling some distance - the same rules go for everyone else unless a staff member gives them a lift.

ShaneC
1337 Krew

Postby ShaneC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 am

If you arrive early, pop around the corner for an eyefull http://www.uk-naturist.com/reviews/budleigh.html

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:57 am

thought that was daves favorite spot :P

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Sorry to mess up your plans a little goose, hope you understand, mate. Just turn up at 7 with everyone else! ;)

As for the naturist beach; oh Wow, I didn't know Budleigh had that! How long has it been around?

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I've known about the nudist beach for quite some time, however i have never been in fear of seeing some old dudes wang. lol

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

James, yes i understand, but also as you yourself know, traffic is unpredictable, specially on the m4 and m5, so i will do my best, and tbh, i dont finish work till around midday, and when i did the shinylan run, i ended up arriving at 5pm, and thats still a fair distance from westlan. so i think leaving about 1pm is a fair time. at least if anything i can get a good sleeping spot

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:51 pm

hehe, coolio ;) Speak on mumble or something later?

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 pm

maybe, im on ts with the corp atm.

can i ask, will there be enough bandwidth to play eve, or shall i train a 3 day skill while im at the lan?

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Prefer that you don't play WAN games at the LAN, but realistically as long as the internet isn't going massively slow then EVE should be fine. EVE is very very good with it's bandwidth. It may be that we open it up after 12:00 at night and disable it during the day, we'll just have to see how the connection is during the event. It is probably a good idea to queue up a 3 day skill just to be safe.

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't even play EVE at LANs. Its no big deal.

EDIT: 3 day skill - i wish! PVP alt is on 70mil SP and Imogen is on 87mil SP. Shortest one i have for both is 12days :(
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 pm

i am only at 3.1 mill sp, so got plenty i can que up, one that i need to do is 10 days, to me that seems alot, bu you got me there dave, if thats the shortest you got, ouch

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm

I have 3x 46days skills to train. Fun!
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Return to “SaltLAN 29”