Swearing Admin

Re: Mersons Mega Checklist

Postby Jani » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Since I don't have to take a PC this time, I'm going to take my aerobed :D

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 am

mikethegreek wrote:Floor mats are a must, last year i dident take one and have some of the worst sleep ever. the concrete floor was cold even in the summer and am sure i was will due to this.

I'd suggest you borrow neils thermarest
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 am

what are you guys planing for sleeping mats? - I guess a aero bed is wayyy to big to take over
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 am

U can get these self inflating roll-up-able sleeping mats, ill have a look to see what manufacturer mine is and let u know when i return home.

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 am

The self inflating roll up mats are probably the ones Steve has already mentioned. They are called Thermarest. I use it for lans, they are super comfortable, and come highly recommended. They aren't necessarily the cheapest though.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin
Origin ID: Merson
Battle.net: Merson#2706
steamid: Merson

Postby Merson » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:44 pm

The Survival War Chest (So far):

Gelert X-Treme Lite Mat - Bargain at £20

Arctic Cooling Breeze Mobile USB Fan - Bargain at £5.60

Mike: Can i nab a long network cable again? I still have the UK/EU six way you made me last time as well but Lee might be looking for one.

Reckon the 8 way switch would be worth it again?

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:18 pm

network cables and switch wont be a problem but dont think i have any spare eu 4 ways and dont think i have the bits to make more.

I will have a hunt around
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 pm

It's not essential with us both having laptops so don't go too out of your way for one. :)

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 am

i have made myself two EU to UK power bars, i can bring them both if required.

However, daisy chaining laptop power adapters wont be a massive issue surely?

Like:
EU plug -> UK 4way -> UK Plug -> UK 4way

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 am

I think I still have all the stuff from last time - powerbar, network cable etc. Thanks for the link Merson definitely gonna grab one of those Thermarests, since the aerobed won't fit in my small case. Also going to bring a smaller 'big' case this time too, as I realise the one I took last time was a bit over the top (and I also buckled both the wheels by overloading it). As I am not bringing a monitor this time I won't need as much space.

Think I'm gonna take about 400-500 spending money, I don't want to go crazy. If I do for some reason need to spend any more would I be able to put it on someone's credit card and then FP them the money online? As mine doesn't have the best rates for international spending...

Need to head in town this week to buy a suit jacket so I'm going to pick up some winter stuff too like a good coat, a hat and some gloves.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am

Jani wrote:Think I'm gonna take about 400-500 spending money, I don't want to go crazy. If I do for some reason need to spend any more would I be able to put it on someone's credit card and then FP them the money online? As mine doesn't have the best rates for international spending...

I have a decent limit on my Credit Card. I don't think i will be taking any travel money. I would get a better rate withdrawing it from a cash machine (no fee and 1% interest for the month) unless i can get a good rate from somewhere. But that seems to be hard here.

I'm also up for paying for the hostel on the day. Would make things easier all round, you guys can put into my UK account and Lee can pay me in € with ease.

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm same as Jani - not taking a credit card as all of the CC's here in ireland suck ass and fee you to death. Getting a UK one may be a issue as I need to apply for one then send money internationally which works out the same as getting a CC card in fee's.

I'm gonna take around 600 euro spending money then if needed I can start a tab on merson's CC :D

I've also just finished my mega awesome amazon order - I should have everything I need to survive a few weeks in Sweden, including a "my first explorer kit" :D
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm

? lol

Return to “DreamHack Winter 2012”