Payments

17th and 26th November 2012
xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Payments

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Jolly good ;)

Who has the readies around now to buy flight (~£150) and DH Ticket (not sure if they're on sale yet, ~£70)?

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Re: The Absolutely Definate Attendance thread

Postby Merson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 am

Still waiting to be paid by Ulster :(

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:38 am

I get paid on the 13th

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 am

xconspirisist wrote:Jolly good ;)
Who has the readies around now to buy flight (~£150) and DH Ticket (not sure if they're on sale yet, ~£70)?

I'm a little short on cash this month (like very short), so i wont have any cash until the 26th. (unless my parents can pay early, they said they would pay for my flights and accom anyways, as an early bday pressie).

So, if worst comes to worst, i may have to owe someone the dosh.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety

Re: Payments

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 am

Okay, shall we aim for payments in the first week of August then, is that okay for everyone?

1st Dreamhack tickets (£70)
2nd Flights (£125)
3rd Dreamhack Train (£50)
4th Youth Hostel (£20 per night)
5th other shit

Can someone find the release date for Dreamhack tickets? They do sell out, really very quickly. The seats also go very very quickly, it will be difficult to find a block of 7 unless we get in there very quick (there were only 2 blocks of 6 when we last booked).

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm just going to say this now, but myself and the Ireland gang will be buying our stuff separately to you. (Obviously, fuck internation transfer rates from group buying flights and all that) :)

I also make flights to be the highest payment priority, we plan to buy ours this month at some point. The seats didn't sell out that fast, it just took us ages to realise they were on sale/plan seating etc.

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Merson, why would you like to buy yours separately? Is August too long to wait for you? Makes sense that you book your flights separately, but I'd say we aim for a group booking on the shared tickets.

I'd like to buy my DH ticket before flights if at all possible, as I don't want to be in Sweden for a long week without getting into Dreamhack. If, of course, the DH tickets are not available until a month before the event starts, that changes things a bit.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:21 pm

xconspirisist wrote:Can someone find the release date for Dreamhack tickets?

I've contacted them.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Holy fuck they responded on twitter quickly.

1st of August.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 pm

xconspirisist wrote:Merson, why would you like to buy yours separately? Is August too long to wait for you? Makes sense that you book your flights separately, but I'd say we aim for a group booking on the shared tickets.

I'd like to buy my DH ticket before flights if at all possible, as I don't want to be in Sweden for a long week without getting into Dreamhack. If, of course, the DH tickets are not available until a month before the event starts, that changes things a bit.

Merson wrote:fuck internation transfer rates from group buying flights and all that

Flight's are a lot less trivial for you guys in the UK, you have about 4 different options from T5 there and back. We have one realistic one (which doesn't take more then 6 hours) which i would like to stick to. If that sells out then it's going to involve extra stops and take forever.

I'm not squandering extra cash sending money to the UK for something i can do myself if possible.

You guys can group buy in £, we can group buy in €. One "finding a seat" Skype call later everyone is happy and we don't get shafted for it. Also to be perfectly honest, we have the money to buy everything now if we so wish. So there won't be a problem there.

I honestly don't see the big deal about the DH seats. We buy on the 1'st of August and get seated when either me or Lee is online that night. Happy Days.

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm

[quoute]Flight's are a lot less trivial for you guys in the UK, you have about 4 different options from T5 there and back. We have one realistic one (which doesn't take more then 6 hours) which i would like to stick to. If that sells out then it's going to involve extra stops and take forever.[/quote]

Absolutely, makes sense, that is why I said you should feel free to book flights separately.

I'm not squandering extra cash sending money to the UK for something i can do myself if possible.

If you use PayPal or a bank transfer, I don't think you'll have to pay a premium, but no problem.

You guys can group buy in £, we can group buy in €. One "finding a seat" Skype call later everyone is happy and we don't get shafted for it.

Yup, sure can. No problem with that either.

Also to be perfectly honest, we have the money to buy everything now if we so wish. So there won't be a problem there.

I think that is a bit selfish. We're going on a group holiday, we should aim to at least know what everybody is doing. If you are going to buy tickets and whatnot earlier than some other people, could you just let us all know?

I honestly don't see the big deal about the DH seats. We buy on the 1'st of August and get seated when either me or Lee is online that night. Happy Days.

It is not a big deal. It's good that we have a release date - 1st August. My preferred course of action is to get on Skype at the same time, all hit "buy now" at the same time and sort out seating so we all sit next to each other.

Again, I think it's important to organize this as a group - not having 7 individuals all going on holiday at the same time. If you choose to have different plans of course that is absolutely fine, but please do let us know what you plan to do, so we can organize around you.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:55 pm

PayPal charges a premium for sending money from different currencies and bank transfer will cost around €15-20 a pop regardless of amount sent. :( We all only have enough money in our UK banks to accommodate Student Finance so keeping it in € would be helpful to us.

I meant the "We have the money to buy everything now" in a sense of "Let us know when your all ready to do things as we will be too". So there's no pressure on anyone to buy anything early or rushing into things. Not in a selfish way at all. I want this done in a group as much as anyone else. Especially with the DH tickets/train.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Could you add the Hostel booking confirmations on here? Just so i know how much dough i need to be saving up. :)

First night for us: 885 SEK = €103 = €34 each

Code: Select all

Arrival Date / Time: 16-Nov-2012 / 16:00

Number of nights: 1

Unit(s) booked:
16-Nov-2012 / 1 Night / 1 room / 3-bedded private room

Promo Code Discount: -

Total amount: 885.00 SEK
The total price is payable on arrival to City BackPackers Hostel.

Booking fee: 1.50 EUR

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Sure, here you go;

Code: Select all

Dear James Read,
Thank you for your reservation with City BackPackers Hostel.
All booking details can be found below. Please, keep these details so that you can show them if necessary.

Your booking number is: 730-1321-M-2012

Property name: City BackPackers Hostel

Address:
Upplandsgatan 2a

Phone: +468206920

Email address: info@citybackpackers.se

Internet address: http://www.citybackpackers.se

Arrival Date / Time: 17-Nov-2012 / 18:00

Number of nights: 5

Unit(s) booked:
17-Nov-2012 / 5 Nights / 1 room / Apartment

Promo Code Discount: -

Total amount: 8,700.00 SEK
The total price is payable on arrival to City BackPackers Hostel.

Booking fee: 1.50 EUR

Directions to the property:
How to Find Us?
When you exit the main entrance of the Central Railway
Station/Main Bus Terminal you will come out on a street called Vasagatan, with a McDonald's on the opposite side of the street. Turn left on Vasagatan and follow it about 500 meters, until you reach a square called Norra Bantorget. Pass through the square. At the end of the square Vasagatan changes name into Upplandsgatan and there we are at the first entrance on the right hand side, at number 2A.

Your message to the property:
I spoke over the phone and you said you could put an extra bed in the 6 bedroom apartment! Thank you!

You accepted the terms and conditions for City BackPackers Hostel:
If you are arriving later than 23h, please contact us for late night arrival information.

Cancellations must be made at least 24h before your scheduled arrival day. If you miss this deadline, we are entitled to charge the amount of the first night of your booked nights.

You will pay for your stay when you arrive, i e your credit card will not be charged in advance.

Have a good journey,
sincerely,
City BackPackers Hostel

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 am

Just to confirm you booked the last day as well? :)

Return to “DreamHack Winter 2012”