Post LAN feedback

19:00 14th - 17:00 16th September 2012 (# signed up, # paid)
Techfreak-SSM
Phone-Monolith Admin
Battle.net: techfreakssm#2204
steamid: techfreak-ssm/techfreak2006

Post LAN feedback

Postby Techfreak-SSM » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 pm

May i be the first to congratulate the staff on another successful and enjoyable LAN.

New Desk Layout
Nice to see a different desk lay out which ment every row had at least one staff member on it which is always a good thing and also makes a nice change rather than being all on the same row.

Quiz
Very good idea to have a quiz where each staff member came up with a separate round. Also the teams i feel were unbiased as there was an even spread of regulars and n00bs. Would be nice to see Kustom PC doing delivery to the LAN as well (hint,hint)

Other items
New projector screen look very good and was well used for important messages.

Hope to see you all at the next LAN in November, regulars and n00bs :)
Techfreak-SSM

LAN Projector Helper and Wiki Editor |
Website/blog

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Re: Post LAN feedback

Postby Neomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:17 pm

random trivia

this lan was powered by around 3kg of jelly snakes.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Will post a proper feedback later but for now I'll just say it was a great LAN, good to see a decent amount of people. It's just a shame 11 people cancelled because it would have been one of the biggest LANs if they had come!

R8cer125
n00b

Re: Thankyou to all

Postby R8cer125 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm

To All that came to this lan..

Many thanks for making it a brill weekend for me and my better half ... :D

See you all at the next lan !!!!

Neomancer

Postby Neomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 pm

hope she wasn't too traumatised by the rape lay being played next to her! :)

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm

heh, sorry about that r8cer ;) Glad you both enjoyed the event, look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Most of the cancellations were due to sickness and Uni starting. We'll look to get good numbers again for the next event!

Excalibur
Unter Peon

Postby Excalibur » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Dudes! :D

Very enjoyable weekend. I must echo Techs feedback regarding the layout - loved it and would seriously encourage that to become the norm, make projector/announcement viewings much easier and made the LAN feel "cosier" somehow. My one tiny bit of constructive criticism (if you can even call it that) is to re-introduce the seating plan although many thanks for reserving 4 spaces together for us late arrivals!

Met some cool new peeps and will hopefully be back soon (unless I see you at ShinyLAN first!). Hats off to the Staff (particularly Mike and Neil) for the awesome skills on the cookery - you did yourselves and my belly proud!

I know how much of a ball ache running one of these things can be - well done guys, you can count this one as a big success!

Rich.

Neomancer

Postby Neomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 pm

quiz.. we need to do it in advance.

and advance i mean not 30min before the quiz starts :D

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:42 pm

This is why I told you weeks in advance ;)

For those that were wondering, we ran the quiz very late because we were waiting for the ShinyLAN lot to turn up. We'll run it earlier next time and make each round a bit shorter :P

Neomancer

Postby Neomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 pm

xconspirisist wrote:
For those that were wondering, we ran the quiz very late because we were waiting for the ShinyLAN lot to turn up. We'll run it earlier next time and make each round a bit shorter :P

and not because we were still making parts of it..

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Excalibur wrote:My one tiny bit of constructive criticism (if you can even call it that) is to re-introduce the seating plan although many thanks for reserving 4 spaces together for us late arrivals!

Additional to this, would it make sense for only those groups to have reserved seats?

One thing I'm thinking of is that early birds can't park themselves in the middle of a block of seats, or perhaps groups give themselves a tag at signup that are assigned.
I adblock smilies.

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Many thanks to everyone for attending - the event was one of the best WestLAN's I've attended in quite a while. Plenty of games with lots of social stuff as well. A nice mix.

Excalibur, the seating plan will indeed be making a return. We spent quite a while on Friday morning playing with various different layouts to see what might work and what wouldn't. We eventually settled on the layout we had - by which time it was a tad too late to stick up the seating plan. We'll have to jiggle bits of the site with the new layout and update the lan signup page.
Freelance, that's not a bad idea. What are other peoples thoughts on this?

One of the reasons we thought about not having too many reserved seats, is so that you sit next to people you wouldn't otherwise sit next to. This is hopefully a good thing. Personally I was sat next to Drakey, Freelance and Alien (sort of), who I wouldn't usually sit near (in the old staff-together seating layout) and had a really good time.

We already have plans to improve the projector screen still further (at least to make it easier to put up and take down). We might make it wider - although this might get tricky with the projector we have currently. We were discussing other options for the sound setup as well. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for these or other parts of the event, do let us know :)

With a bit of luck - we can make the SaltLAN 29 even better. The signups are already up and can be found here: http://www.westlan.co.uk/viewEvent.php?id=63. If anyone has any troubles with this - please let us know!

Cheers,

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 pm

I have a suggestion.

GalwayLAN. Make it so. :)

In all seriousness I'm planning on attending the one in April. Now I have my laptop I'm a lot more mobile.

Neomancer

Postby Neomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Merson wrote:I have a suggestion.

GalwayLAN. Make it so. :)

In all seriousness I'm planning on attending the one in April. Now I have my laptop I'm a lot more mobile.

you heard it all here guys, LAN at merson and crafty's place.

xanhast
n00b

Postby xanhast » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Good lan, much fun was had. Huge thanks to the staff for running the event and thanks for the lovely breakfast bap.

Table layout was good, made setting up a little bit easier when you can walk round to the back of your desk.

Quiz needs more work though, Shiny's quiz remains champion :)

Thanks all!

Return to “Saltlan 28”