The return of tquiz!

19:00 17th - 17:00 19th February 2012
xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

The return of tquiz!

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm

This LAN will see the return of tquiz...

This is a team-quiz on the tinterwebnets.

The idea is that as a team, you answer questions on gaming, technoloy, films and stuff. But this isn't any normal quiz, you are allowed to use search engines to find the answer!

You can play solo (team of 1), or in a team of up to 3 people.

Updated now, to include may requested features;

• Fuzzy answer matching - So if the answer is "Unreal Tournament 2004" and you enter "Unreal Tournament", it will say "Very close, try slightly changing your answer". Answers are also case insensitive and are more flexible with punctuation.
  • Flat level system - so you can pick the level you want to play. If you get suck, choose another level. You get points for how many levels you complete.
  • User interface improvements, making it easier to use, register, etc.
  • Virtual machine ready to go, so it will run inside the LAN - no slow image downloading over the internet!

I have deleted all the users, so when you arrive you will have to register a new account. The quiz will go live on Friday evening.

Additionally, I've sent an email to an internal work mailing list asking for level ideas and got an awesome response (including lots of people that want to use the quiz software themselves for their own quizes!). So this time there will be lots of of new questions, varying from very easy to batshitinsanelydifficult.

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: The return of tquiz!

Postby iMess » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Nice xcon. So the new Westlan website will be arriving within the next 5 years?
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 pm

iMess wrote:Nice xcon. So the new Westlan website will be arriving within the next 5 years?

Don't be ridiculous, he can't work on that short notice :D
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety

Postby xconspirisist » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah, the "new" WestLAN website has taken quite a while as a project. :P I'm not slow, but I don't work on it very often as it's boring/difficult to get feedback for.

Houlden
Unter Peon

Postby Houlden » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:45 pm

xconspirisist wrote:Yeah, the "new" WestLAN website has taken quite a while as a project. :P I'm not slow, but I don't work on it very often as it's boring/difficult to get feedback for.

If you need someone to help out I'd be happy to do so at weekends (website creation is, afterall how I make my living)!
i5 3570k - Hyper 212 Evo - ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance - 2x SLI MSI 760 - 128GB Samsung 830 - 1TB WD Red

xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Assistance is most welcome! The most useful thing to me is testers. Hop over to http://tydus.net/westlan You'll find a copy of the development website and an issues list on google code. Test anytime you are bored :)

Add me on Steam if you wanna chat, my contact details can be found here: http://xconspirisist.co.uk

Return to “Saltlan 26”