Age limit.

19:00 4th - 17:00 6th November 2011
DarkLegend
n00b

Age limit.

Postby DarkLegend » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:18 pm

hey guys :)

just out of wonder, is there an age limit to the lan partys?

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Re: Age limit.

Postby neon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

There isn't really an age limit to the events (although 16 is a pretty good starting point). Just be aware that whilst your at the event you are responsible for yourself. The kitchen is available to make food, but you are going to have to make it yourself. No one is going to cook for you or look after you especially - there are some takeaways available in the town, but they won't be open the whole time (It's a very small town). There will be people going to the local Tesco at various points and you can probably grab a lift if you need some additional supplies :)

I hope that helps,
Neil

DarkLegend
n00b

Postby DarkLegend » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:57 pm

yeh it does :),

also, bit of the age topic thing,

im part of a clan (eXe (mainly starcraft 2 )) and we were thinkiing of getting together for a lan, would you say your lan partys would be a good place do somthing like that?

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:25 pm

SC2 itself might be a bit interesting, as it relies on bnet, but as a get together it's fine. Get everyone booked and paid, and when the seating plan opens up just grab an area
I adblock smilies.

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Actually I'm afraid I really can't recommend small lan parties in general for starcraft 2. We've tried it once at the lan, and all the traffic goes out and back in over the internet link. Fine for internet play, and fine for events like multiplay who can afford to arrange large connections, but when you've got an ADSL line which is fairly contended, it doesn't play well.

We do play alternative RTS games, Supreme commander 1/2, Starcraft 1 works fine, but not starcraft 2 due to blizzard removing lan play
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Not that the internet connection should put you off coming along (it is a LAN party after all :P), we play a rather large variety of RTS games as Wishy has already noted along with many other games which can be found in the previous LAN forums (viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4188 for example). The atmosphere alone should be worth going for, you will all have a great laugh, eat crap all weekend (we do regular trips to the nearby Tesco, have Chinese takeaways and the like) along with general tomfoolery. :)

Return to “Saltlan 25”