CoD: Black Ops Servers

19:00 12th - 17:00 14th November 2010
cygnes
Unter Peon
Origin ID: cygnes82517
steamid: cygnes

Re: CoD: Black Ops Servers

Postby cygnes » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Proff... see if the files are on the disk.. copy them to your steam folder.. boot up steam.. do a repair in Steam hey preseto..
ofcourse all this only works if it's actually on the disk !!

proffeser
BIFF

Postby proffeser » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 pm

its there its all in install image type files dont think it will work
Scribble Scribble!!!

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm

It should work fine unless the disk itself uses any special copy protection (most don't now-a-days, steam should not). DVD's are just a type of filesystem. The OS is mostly ignorant.

cygnes
Unter Peon
Origin ID: cygnes82517
steamid: cygnes

Postby cygnes » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 pm

it's all good, I took control of his PC using Teamviewer and copied a backup steambackup.exe from my machine to the folder with the SIS files etc and run that.. worked a treat..

why the installer off the disc didnt work i will never know. who knows

proffeser
BIFF

Postby proffeser » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 pm

and the help was very appreciated :) loving it already and only at the main menu :)
Scribble Scribble!!!

§hadow
BIFF

Postby §hadow » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 pm

1. Install Steam that is in the folder "SteamInstall.exe"
2. Creat a new account on Steam, don't use your existing account if you have it
3. Go to http://store.steampowered.com/app/18800/ and install the Demo of Zero Gear
4. Go to the installation folder of Zero Gear, under Steam, and go to the subfolder called "Server" (C: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\zero gear\Server)
5. Delete all the content of the "Server" folder
6. Copy all the file of your Call of Duty Black OPS and paste it in the "Server" folder (C: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\zero gear\Server)
7. Go to "C: \Programmi\Steam\steamapps\common\zero gear\Server\zone" and rename you language folder to "english" (if your game is english jump this step)
8. Take the content of the folder "Multiplayer Online" and paste it in "C: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common" overwriting the existing files
9. Open Steam, and go to "My Games" where you can find your previously installed Zero Gear game
10. Right click on the Zero Gear game and select "Property"
11. Go to the tab called "Updates" and disable the updates by selecting "Do not update this game automatically"
12. Save clicking "Close"
13. Right click on Zero Gear game and select "Run Game", now it launch COD Black OPS and you can finally play it online
IMPORTANT:
Remember to run always Steam in background, if you close it you will not able to play.
Do not run the COD Black OPS multiplayer from the installation folder, use always the shoutcut under Steam, otherwise it kick you after 2 minutes of play

Dose this work ?? i dont have the ability to test this out untill the lan itself !

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Dunno but it won't be here long. I thought they patched it when the same thing happened with MW2.

§hadow
BIFF

Postby §hadow » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 pm

well with any luck it will do the lan .. if not i may have yet another way but i need a copy of the game first !

Return to “Saltlan 22”