Post LAN thread

19:00 13th - 17:00 15th August 2010
Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Re: Post LAN thread

Postby Merson » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:18 pm

iMess wrote:I'll make a new TM map then yeh?

More challenging please :lol:

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:26 pm

One that doesn't take 4 minutes to complete

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:59 pm

:) :) :) :) :twisted:
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 pm

bloodtobleed
Westlan Staff
Origin ID: bloodtobleed
Battle.net: bloodtobleed#2312
steamid: 02cfranklin

Postby bloodtobleed » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 am

Oh epic that's the group match I pwn'd :D

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Gotta love speed running around a map - lots of fun :D

Nice vid Jani.

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm

I certainly enjoyed myself :)

The King Of Gamers thing won't be happening again, just too much of an arseache trying to sort out a reliable scoring system for so few games. Jneevbe won the RAM in the end, with the final scores being:

1st 24 Opus
2nd 17 AlienX
3rd 10 Jneevbe

Next time round we'll have nice single tournaments run on established games, apologies to those who didn't enjoy Dawn of War, it was my intention really to just break the SupCom hegemony for a LAN.

L4D tournaments will NOT be being organised by me, in the past they've caused SO MUCH GRIEF with people not playing the right level, or playing too much, or taking to long, etc etc. If you want to run one, be my guest, but I can't justify wasting an entire day on one tournament that 50% of people will drop out of before it's even half way through.

In addition to this, the prize winning tournaments for the November LAN will be announced in advance and I will take sign ups also in advance. If you want to compete, you'll need to get your shit together, and hopefully I'll be able to publish a schedule and a knockout structure we can adhere to, maybe put the finals on the projector too if we can jimmy something together.

Aside from that, congratulations to Jneevbe for being the only non-staff member in the top 3!

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Woot still 2nd even after leaving on saturday haha.
n1 on the tourni tho opus, i enjoyed the games you picked - something to play again im sure :)

However, DoW was EPIC FAIL (sheepy and I played alittle bit of 2v1AI - and we hated it)

Next time, pick TA :)

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:05 pm

you did well opus :D

im sure as you hate sup com and sup com2 so much me and merson would be happy to organise a tourny on that, most likely without prizes though :(
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Nice to see the tourney's will be back to the old skool fashioned affair.

If you want to organize a L4D2 tourney make it a scavenge one. It's quick, competitive and with full scoring can be controlled easily.

As for the "getting your shit together" stuff that's all nice in an ideal world but there is always going to be people who haven't planned ahead or don't know the game plan beforehand. Might i suggest mass emailing everyone signed up with what's going on instead of just relying on the forums to relay information.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 pm

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:43 am

opus wrote:In addition to this, the prize winning tournaments for the November LAN will be announced in advance and I will take sign ups also in advance. If you want to compete, you'll need to get your shit together, and hopefully I'll be able to publish a schedule and a knockout structure we can adhere to, maybe put the finals on the projector too if we can jimmy something together.

Getting shit together relies on ppl actually visiting the site or forums and reading. As i found out, even after posting up a Racing Tourney thread ppl were asking what games were being played. Maybe that was down to bad execution on my part, but mostly becos ppl generally don't visit the forums unless its a quick question about an upcoming lan.. So back to sq1.

I do like the idea of a tournament timetable xcon showed after Saltlan 20 that you have to view before signing in for the net. But the problem with mass mailing the sign ups is that you get the late sign ups.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Josh
BIFF

Postby Josh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:57 pm

I thought the tournament was extremely well put together. Wasn't too sure on Soldat because its just mindless shooting but I enjoyed Warsow and Dawn of War. I would recommend Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for November which is a free team based fps with graphics that a reasonably good. It's like a free Battlefield as you can choose between Solder/Medic/Engineer/Field Ops/Sniper. There are a lot of really fun maps that have been created for LANs. Link http://www.splashdamage.com/wolfet

I'm looking forward to next LAN and hope to bring some more friends with me .

Thanks

Josh / Jneevbe

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:20 pm

SaltLAN 21 Timelapse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mxZiKTXYkk

Running rather late, but it's arrived eventually :)

It's in 1080p. Thanks to MrBikerDude (Martin) for the use of his camcorder to capture it :)

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Awesome :)

Return to “Saltlan 21”