iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: Racing Games

Postby iMess » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 am

2 days left before planning starts :)
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:58 am

Might have to bust out the G25 and school you all :wink:

§hadow
BIFF

Postby §hadow » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:25 pm

LFS: oh yes
Blur: hell yeh
trackmainia: deffo
Grid: has to be done !

iMess

Postby iMess » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 pm

§hadow wrote:LFS: oh yes
Blur: hell yeh
trackmainia: deffo
Grid: has to be done !

As Shadow has mentioned these games are going to be played. In order;
Grid
Trackmania (free version)
LFS (free version)
Blur

Cars / Class and Tracks to be planned. Tournament is on a points basis.
To play; you will need all these games installed. I will make a new thread with links but most can be installed on the LAN Friday. Obviously if you want to practise, buy/install pre-LAN.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 pm

LFS demo is utter fail, you need S2 to enjoy it.

iMess

Postby iMess » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 am

Well I wanna try the free version first to find out how many we get playing it. If there's more than 8 people then I will look at doing the full licensed version another time.

The idea is to get as many people playing as possible, so why restrict it to full licence members from the word go?

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Well play the demo, then you can have a go on mine on S2 with the G25, you'll see what I mean...

§hadow
BIFF

Postby §hadow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:20 am

why dont we have a word with the dev's see if there is somethign we can do for more cars at the lan, besides it might just get them more ppl buying it !!!

iMess

Postby iMess » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 am

Jani wrote:Well play the demo, then you can have a go on mine on S2 with the G25, you'll see what I mean...

No i understand completely, but I wanna make things easier for me cos i'm lazy and becos I don't wanna sit around waiting for ppl tweak the cars. So, it'll be the demo version for now, and if the interest is good then i'll run another one.

§hadow
BIFF

Postby §hadow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:39 am

well i took my own advice and actualy ask the dev's if they could help us out, ill inform you of there reply ! if and when it comes

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:46 am

iMess wrote:
Jani wrote:Well play the demo, then you can have a go on mine on S2 with the G25, you'll see what I mean...

No i understand completely, but I wanna make things easier for me cos i'm lazy and becos I don't wanna sit around waiting for ppl tweak the cars. So, it'll be the demo version for now, and if the interest is good then i'll run another one.

You can tweak your cars in the demo. The only difference between demo / S1 / S2 are the available cars and tracks. In the demo you only get 3 cars and they are all shit, as are the tracks you get.

iMess

Postby iMess » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Jani wrote:
iMess wrote:

You can tweak your cars in the demo. The only difference between demo / S1 / S2 are the available cars and tracks. In the demo you only get 3 cars and they are all shit, as are the tracks you get.

Jani, it's sounds like you might be scared of getting beaten by a n00b in a shit car. Lets see how this one runs first.

§hadow
BIFF

Postby §hadow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Live for Speed.
Unfortunately there is no way to have temporary S2 licensed content available for people to try. We have the demo with the free content for this. We think that is enough free content for people to get a general idea about what LFS is like to use.
The only way to let people have a go would be to let them drive with your license, at the LAN. But that would just be for individuals; you wouldn't be able to run a whole LAN tournament with that.

Regards,

Victor van Vlaardingefn

Ah well, was worth a try

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:55 pm

If you wanted to have rounds of different drivers, there are probably enough people with S2 (don't forget your extra 'S2' unlocks you can use for friends etc.) to get 8+ people going at once, if not more.

Although people with S2 would have to sacrifice their machines for a bit. Just a thought.

iMess

Postby iMess » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Its not planned to happen at once.

Return to “Saltlan 21”