19:00 13th - 17:00 15th August 2010
iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Red vs Blue Games

Postby iMess » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:15 pm

So most of you moaned about not having organised games, but also unwilling to stand up yourself and do it. So this thread [needs to be stickied admins] is for Team style gameplay that you'd like to see at SL21. I'm sure opus will jump in and throw some bullets and ideas around. It worked immensely well at WinLan and we're hoping to bring it here.

Think of this as a Game's list. The games' organiser will then pick the best or most popular and make some tournies.

Ricochet - £2.99 on steam
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Re: Red vs Blue Games

Postby AlienX » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:54 am

Blur Skirmish Tourni plz tyvm

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:40 am

iMess wrote:Ricochet - £2.99 on steam

Ricochet was a lot of fun the other evening - with lots of people that could be very amusing. Can it be done using teams though? It seemed to be death match style.

Counter Strike: Source and Team Fortress 2 have also worked well with Red vs Blue style of tournys. UT2004 instagib capture the flag? I remember that being a lot of fun with 16 players a side :)

Closer to the event, we'll put up this list of potential tournaments for people to pick what they want to play (as we used to do in the past).

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 pm

neon wrote:UT2004 instagib capture the flag? I remember that being a lot of fun with 16 players a side :)

I think UT2004 not-instagib would be great for team games. Instagib is fun especially on more enclosed maps, but it's a bit random and chaotic trying to make a team game out of it. CTF tends to be in open maps, so standard weapons seem more fun to me for that game type.

srsbsns insta concerns aside. UT CTF is great for a solid team multiplayer game.
I adblock smilies.

iMess

Postby iMess » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm

neon wrote:
iMess wrote:Ricochet - £2.99 on steam

Ricochet was a lot of fun the other evening - with lots of people that could be very amusing. Can it be done using teams though? It seemed to be death match style.

Counter Strike: Source and Team Fortress 2 have also worked well with Red vs Blue style of tournys. UT2004 instagib capture the flag? I remember that being a lot of fun with 16 players a side :)

Closer to the event, we'll put up this list of potential tournaments for people to pick what they want to play (as we used to do in the past).

Oh maybe it is then! I'll have to investigate. Hopefully opus can give us an idea if he is to attend the next lan, if not, i'll be happy to step up. I estimate about 4 weeks from the lan the tournaments will hit the planning stages. Maybe we should add a print out with the seating placements as not everyone - myself included - looks at the forums during the lan! Again, the more people post up games they'd like to see, the more variation we can have.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

iMess

Postby iMess » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:30 pm

AlienX wrote:Blur Skirmish Tourni plz tyvm

Does this even have lan? I heard NAT problems for net play.

tomuk5
1337 Krew

Postby tomuk5 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:49 pm

UT3 as well?

oh and Quake 3

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:28 pm

iMess wrote:
AlienX wrote:Blur Skirmish Tourni plz tyvm

Does this even have lan? I heard NAT problems for net play.

Yeah, me and Ian played it over hamachi using the LAN option in game.
20 Players max racing around like nutters could be fun :D

I feel a replacement for flatout 2 comming along lol

iMess

Postby iMess » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:26 pm

tomuk5 wrote:UT3 as well?

oh and Quake 3

I think we'll have to decide on either UT2k4 or UT3. Both would be too much. Do we have any takers for non-fps? lol.

Return to “Saltlan 21”