Signups live, Tickets £10

19:00 21st - 17:00 23rd May 2010 Tickets £10
Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Signups live, Tickets £10

Postby Wishy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Signups for Saltlan 20 are now live.

For this lan (And this lan only) we'll be doing £10 tickets for the full event, including a cooked breakfast (A Bacon, Sausage and/or Egg roll for everybody, and perhaps seconds if we've over ordered)

There are a couple of reasons for this.
Firstly, we'd like a full hall and everybody to have a good time.
Secondly, its quite close to winlan, and we thought everybody would appreciate saving a few quid so they can go to both

We may make a small loss on this lan, so it does have to be a one off. After many many years of the LAN owing people cash for switches, cables, public liability insurance and other essentials, we've been able to get the kit up to a good standard, buy a new projector and have enough cash in the bank account so we could replace kit if it goes bang.
We've never actually taken anything other than petrol money out of the lan - its always gone back on kit, so now we're in a good position we thought this would be a nice way of giving something back.

The lan will be full length, the only two "gotchas" with the discount prices are that we won't be doing single day tickets and tickets on the door at £15 - you need to pay at least 3 days before the event.

Depending on how this lan goes, we might review the prices for the regular events, but even at £22 westlan is one of the best value lans around.
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

ShaneC
1337 Krew

Re: Signups live, Tickets £10

Postby ShaneC » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:14 pm

It's nice that you are doing this but don't undersell yourselves. Personally £22 is very reasonable for a weekend in a hall so it's not the price that would stop me attending. I would rather you guys made a profit and have a bit in the bank for when attendance is low or something breaks.

We all appreciate you put lots of hard work into the weekends and are happy that you do it.

Vega
1337 Krew

Postby Vega » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:03 am

nice one guys! i'll see if i can drag a few people along with me... i doubt they will be able to refuse when they see the bargain price.

thanks again :)

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Xorn - That's the plan!

Shane - We've built up some cash in the bank and can cover a few low attendance lans, kit breaking, etc. Its now at a stage we feel comfortable, we have the kit we need and we're pondering what we can give back to the attendees (For example, breakfast!).
We know 22 quid is very reasonable by lan standards, but we're running it because we enjoy it, not because we want to make cash.
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

ez64
1337 Krew

Postby ez64 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Sweet mother of god :D

Booked.

£22 as well always seemed perfect value for lan for me anyway. The only real expense is the £40-60 petrol getting to the lan and the £30-80 I manage to spend a very small amount of shit junk food/alcohol that ends up smashed up in a car park bin but I suppose it all add's up...
In China DHCP leases YOU!
The Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference

I am the Stig!

ImageImage

catface
Unter Peon

Postby catface » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 am

£10 is bloody epic.

i'd book now, but i can't guarantee i can be there yet - need to find out more about uni exams and stuff. but hopefully i'll be there.

Excalibur
Unter Peon

Postby Excalibur » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am

My word fellas, no petrol money for the likes of you this LAN! :D Signed up and paid (before you change you mind! :P ), time booked from work, roll on May.

P.S. WINLAN IN JUST OVER 4 WEEKS!!!!

JimmE
Unter Peon

Postby JimmE » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Well it's been over 2 years since I last came to a westlan :o :oops:

So I've booked the day off work, paid up and will see you all there :mrgreen:

PHP
n00b

Postby PHP » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:00 pm

I was thinking of going. Im still not sure whether there is a minimum age to these things. £10 is really good value tbh as Ive looked around recently for lans in the SW but they are all when Im buisy :(. Anyway, Ive popped it on the calender and ill see If I can make it. It would be my first LAN party ever. Ive heard alot about them from some people and the pics look good.
PHP...
Programming with Attitude
Rig Specs
  • Intel Pentuim 4 HT Processor @ 3.4GHz
  • 4GB DDR2 Ram
  • 1x nVidia GeForce GTS250 with 1024MB GDDR3 @ ~700MHz
  • ASRock N71AD-SLI Motherboard w/ nVidia nForce 710 Chipset

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Welcome along.

PHP wrote:I was thinking of going. Im still not sure whether there is a minimum age to these things.

There used to be an FAQ answer for that, but it appears to have gone missing. As far as I'm aware as long as you can look after yourself for 3 days, you should be fine. You'll need to sort food and cook it for yourself for the duration of the event, if you don't think you can manage that.. it's probably not for you.

PHP
n00b

Postby PHP » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Ahh, should be allright. Just as long as I can fit 24 cans of pepsi max underneath my seat, im sorted. The only problems I have now is that SaltLAN is right in the middle of my exams season :/. Im trying to rearrange april now to see If I can make it to WinLAN instead.
PHP...
Rig Specs
  • 4GB DDR2 Ram

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 am

PHP wrote:Ahh, should be allright. Just as long as I can fit 24 cans of pepsi max underneath my seat, im sorted. The only problems I have now is that SaltLAN is right in the middle of my exams season :/. Im trying to rearrange april now to see If I can make it to WinLAN instead.

If your exam period is anything like mine where they cannot do exams on days were your not in college/uni normally then if your not in on a Friday/Monday you should be fine. Other then that there's more then enough room for any food/drink/random crap you need to take up. I've never had a problem with space even with the massive 64 ones and this next one will be my 9th LAN (Time flies).

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 am

How old are you?

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 pm

old enough blud

PHP
n00b

Postby PHP » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Merson wrote:If your exam period is anything like mine where they cannot do exams on days were your not in college/uni normally then if your not in on a Friday/Monday you should be fine.

yeah but its english man! And its something I really need to study for so for 48 hours of epic gaming, well Idk...

And im 16 in 2 days 8)
PHP...
Rig Specs
  • 4GB DDR2 Ram

Return to “Saltlan 20”