64 Places 7th - 17:00 9th November 2008
iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: photo's

Postby iMess » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:09 pm

I'm guessing i have to upload my photos as Steve is being lazy.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Mikes (And your) cable ground to a halt last time i tried to download your images mate
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:37 am

xconspirisist wrote:Hey common, on the forms when they ask you "religion", I write "opus" (someone ironically). He's a great bloke. :)

I'm flattered, thanks :) (ps. JOIN MY CULT)

xconspirisist wrote:I'm afraid I've got zero respect for our forces, army or navy, so I'll abstain for saying anything more before I say something I regret.

You've every right to not respect them, as long as you realise that there are people dying every day in far off countries to protect you from the crazier elements of the human race who wouldn't allow you the right to choose who you respect!

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

iMess

Postby iMess » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:51 am

Blame mark. He was downloading 'Barbie's Castle design II' and 'My Horse and Me'
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:54 am

haha, I sat at the reply box after Opus's reply wondering how to phrase my next reply, you stepped in at the right moment with a bit of jefford-bashing, good timing :)

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:04 am

iMess wrote:Blame mark. He was downloading 'Barbie's Castle design II' and 'My Horse and Me'

my horse and me 2 actually

iMess

Postby iMess » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:51 am

xconspirisist wrote:haha, I sat at the right moment bashing, good timing :)

That's what the little girls say too.

todders
BIFF

Postby todders » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:39 pm

opus what forces are you in? navy?

i have my army selection on the 7th ov January i start my training in feb if i pass :)

and yes squadys do have a rep ov heavy drinking your right :D

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:27 am

Yeah I'm in the Navy, we're matelots as opposed to squaddies (or pongos as anyone non-army calls them).

hmm, percy pongo has more of a reputation for not washing and being thicker than pigshit in my experience.

just out of interest, why would you join the army? you'll be off to iraq/afghanistan sooner than you can say "OH FUCK I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN SOME SANDY SHITHOLE".

seriously, look at other options, the RAF/RN have much better working and living conditions, as long as generally a longer lifespan and less time spent in combat (if you want combat, you're either mad, have seen too many war movies or have NO idea what real war is about).

If you've thought about all these things and still want to do it, good luck.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Sounds like good advice, I'd take it.

todders
BIFF

Postby todders » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:08 pm

i have thought about many of things opus... and in the army there are a lot more jobs than going out on the front line and as most people say "getting your self killed" i am joining the royal logistics core going to be a driver... and yes i may be send out to iraq but thats unlikely and they predict most if not all the troops will be out iraq by the middle of next year. so i will not be a front line soldier and i have my heart and mind set on the army, spend 22 years in there and when i come out i will still have a future for a HGV lorry driver :)

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 pm

those ied's look pretty nasty

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:50 pm

todders wrote:i have thought about many of things opus... and in the army there are a lot more jobs than going out on the front line and as most people say "getting your self killed" i am joining the royal logistics core going to be a driver... and yes i may be send out to iraq but thats unlikely and they predict most if not all the troops will be out iraq by the middle of next year. so i will not be a front line soldier and i have my heart and mind set on the army, spend 22 years in there and when i come out i will still have a future for a HGV lorry driver :)

you're a soldier first a driver second, you'll be told that in basic training I'm sure, the royal logistics corps are at present active in Iraq and Afghanistan.

just so you don't blindly follow the tales of gold paved streets and nectar filled rivers the AFCO have no doubt told you, have a look at this list: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5121552.stm driving isn't the safest occupation in the world when you add roadside bombs to the equation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "don't join, you'll die!" my brother's in the royal artillery and he loves it, though he has spent the last 4 years hopping from one war zone to the next (iraq/afghan exclusively, he's spent about 6 months in this country in that time and his wife's one shit draft from leaving him) and he's not a 'front line' soldier either. All I'm saying is that there are other options, many of which will get you an HGV license, (NA(AH) in the RN will get you every driving license under the sun) among other useful qualifications.

As for us being out of Iraq by the middle of next year... I'll believe it when I see it, I know people who're shortlisted to go there in 2010, so I'd say a complete pull out is hugely unlikely.

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:51 pm

Neomancer wrote:those ied's look pretty nasty

it gets worse.

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:51 pm

todders wrote:they predict most if not all the troops will be out iraq by the middle of next year.

You realise that Afganistan is going to be ramped up as iraq is ramped down...
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Return to “Saltlan 15”