Re: Full teams?

Postby tomuk5 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 pm

jason got flashbanged in more ways than one :D

god i loved those CS:S Glass maps

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:39 pm

I would not recommend westlan as a good place to bootcamp, pretty much everything you need for a decent practice environment is lacking at a medium sized lan like westlan. Although, bootcamping itself is probably not something you need to do either, if you're going to be playing other teams online then you might as well also be playing alongside each other online.

Pro teams 'bootcamp' in hotels etc in order to get used to playing under 'tournament conditions' (no speaking when you're dead, fade to black enabled etc), and to quickly come up with new strategies. Unless you're seriously considering entering a professional level tournament I wouldn't bother going to a LAN to bootcamp, or if you really must be in the same room, all invade someone's dining room for a weekend.

On the flip side, if you've all only met online I'd definitely recommend going to a LAN like WestLAN in order to get to know each other properly with a bit of a safety net, there'll usually be 30+ other people at the LAN to chat to if you realise you don't get on with 3li73_h34d$0tKiLLA or zero_cool, or whatever you kids are calling yourselves these days. Additionally they're a lot of fun, you won't get much in the way of PCWs, but you'll almost certainly have a really good time.

If you really, really must go to a LAN with the intent of playing lots of competetive CS, then (at the risk of attracting lots of flames) I recommend a multiplay i-series; usually upwards of 100 CS teams of all levels (complete shit 15 year olds who all think they're the next element, up to some really good european professional teams) attend, you're pretty sure to find a few teams at a similar level to you and should be able to get plenty of good games in.

ILoveLamp
BIFF

Postby ILoveLamp » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:36 pm

having a clan or community there is pretty good due to the fact you can start up games fast and fill them, such as our epic age of mythology games.

and we had THE BEST PLAYERS :lol:

T1M4
Unter Peon

Postby T1M4 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:23 pm

massive aom is always gd to take up like an hour, runs is high graphics aswel
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600
MB: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI (matx)
RAM 2gb (2x1GB) OCZ 4-4-4-12
Graphics: ATI HD2900 XT 512mb
HDD: 2x500GB OS 2x1TB Store

Return to “Saltlan 13”