pie!

Excalibur
Unter Peon

Postby Excalibur » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:47 am

Great LAN guys. My second one there (went to my first in April 2006) and was impressed with it. Although of a similar size to ShinyLAN it is a very different atmosphere. Both great for different reasons. Will certainly be back. Good to see such a sound bunch of chaps attend!

Thank you Xcon and Goose for all the laughs!

And thanks to Phil and Sean for other sillyness! :p

no friends
Unter Peon

Postby no friends » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:26 am

Excalibur wrote:And thanks to Phil and Sean for other sillyness! :p

I though railroads was serious? :shock:
[02:13] *** * Gooseman and points out that fred is a cock
[02:16] <no_friends> you'd be best at identifying them ;)
[02:16] <Gooseman> it does take one to know one
[02:16] <no_friends> you're the one who fucking said it..
[02:16] <Gooseman> i know
[02:17] <no_friends> .WALKED INTO THAT ONE

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:26 am

Well, just back. Bloody hell thats a long drive. Not helped a lot by ooooddlles of fog and warning signs saying "Fog Patches slow down" not "Turn your fucking rear fog lights on, you retards, also it might be an idea to give a decent stopping distance"
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 am

xconspirisist wrote:As for the gallery, I don't mind collecting a few together, I know the staff have rather active lives.

Send it over, It'll be a few weeks at best from my end, film to process
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 am

Wishy wrote:Well, just back. Bloody hell thats a long drive. Not helped a lot by ooooddlles of fog and warning signs saying "Fog Patches slow down" not "Turn your fucking rear fog lights on, you retards, also it might be an idea to give a decent stopping distance"

it was all along the m4 also. just appeared suddenly, no warning before, was really bad

Leah
BIFF

Postby Leah » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks for a good "day" lan as usual. I enjoyed savage very much :D

Although I am feeling a little reluctant to re attand. Maybe it's just being a girl.. but turning up to somewhere to hear everyone enjoyably telling me how they've bullied mark and filmed it, and then to have someone opposite me have people piss him off and ruin his mouse is not somewhere I want to be really.

I do not expect the staff to be on watch 24 /7 but when an inciddent happens then they should be doing something about it... if this means asking them to leave for the rest of the LAN then so be it.

A LAN should be a fun place to go... not somewhere where the top dogs have a good time!

Leah

Millerman
BIFF

Postby Millerman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Leah wrote:Although I am feeling a little reluctant to re attand. Maybe it's just being a girl.. but turning up to somewhere to hear everyone enjoyably telling me how they've bullied mark and filmed it, and then to have someone opposite me have people piss him off and ruin his mouse is not somewhere I want to be really.

Aye, I can only agree with this tbh. We're all there to have a laugh and play some games but what they did to Neo was harsh and childish really, all of those who gathered around and took photos and videos, I suggest you delete them as it's something you would expect school kids to do ...

Anyway with that rant aside this was the first WL I have attended and it was a good laugh and many fun games were had. I ducked out on Saturday evening, not because the LAN wasn't going well but because I had other things to do that weekend.

Will see you February for the next one, where I think some UT3 DM/TDM/CTF competitions are in order :)

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:50 pm

They were bad times, but look at it this way; in the 10 SaltLans that I've been to, along with the numerous lans that WestLan have hosted this has only happened once. It was a bad lan in that respect and it is so very unlikely to happen again as long as people remember why it happened this time.

Quite frankly I've said sorry for my part so many times and I'm getting a little peeved with being accused for these problems. I'm not going to start dishing out names but there were a hell of a lot of other people involved, let alone tonnes of bystanders that could have intervened.

Excalibur
Unter Peon

Postby Excalibur » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:53 pm

:lol:

Guardsmon
1337 Krew
steamid: guardsmon

Postby Guardsmon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:38 pm

Cheers guys for a great first time. Thanks again for those of you who wisely bought something from my lil box shop. I'll be back next one with more random parts for people.
Long live S.H.I.T
i7 3770K | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 2x4GB Samsung Green DDR1600 | ATI HD 7850 | Lian Li PC-Q11

Luck_dragon66
Sleep Interruption Admin

Postby Luck_dragon66 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks to all the staff that put in the hard work to make the lan happen.

Oh and as for the first post on this thread, my server was fine all lan.
Someone pass me a beer......

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Yeah oops, I meant techfreek.

Blood
Unter Peon

Postby Blood » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 am

Good lan guys. I had to depart early sat nite to get lashed, other than that i had a good time. Flat out 2 was good fun and i really can't wait for UT3 now after the games we had (so much fun hitting the guys on the hover boards with the sniper on that bridge lol ).

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:33 am

Yeah you fucks, I lost count of how many times I got sniped by bastards on that fucking bridge :oops:

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:22 am

learn to play then, i only poped in for a short time as my pc seemed to be quite laggy, but then thats normal for my pc

Return to “Saltlan 11”