How's it going peeps?

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:59 am

Gooseman wrote:stay tuned for the youtube video coming to a forum near you (of jefford that is)

After what happened, do you really think posting the video is a good idea?

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:08 pm

tom i am only ware of 3 dead network point in the hall.
one next to me here (we hve a few spare up here any way)
and 2 down by you and i can an extra cable when leah told me it dident work.
as for the 100mb. rather odd but again fitrst i have heard of it.

like neil said if you dont say any thing about problems we cant fix them. we cant read you minds.

as for game browsing i have only been told about one problem with 1 ut 2004 server not showing up in some ones game. and theres not realy a lot we can do other than give said person the ip address of the server and get them to try an manual conection and steve told them the ip address.

the internet is slow because of ppl trying to upload things to you tube and other such websites and ppl that are trying to update steam.

as for me warning goose. i have left the mark and goose thing alown untill now as i am not ether of there mums.
i am trying to stop it dead now as its realy getting ott. i said to him just to leave it (said the same to mark) but he desided to keep going.
The only way i can see to stop it is to warn ppl then ban them if they dont stop being children.

so next lan it will be text based internet only for every one as we cant seem to trust ppl not to rape the shit out of it.
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

no friends
Unter Peon

Postby no friends » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:11 pm

I have the cache files... Just saying :)
[02:13] *** * Gooseman and points out that fred is a cock
[02:16] <no_friends> you'd be best at identifying them ;)
[02:16] <Gooseman> it does take one to know one
[02:16] <no_friends> you're the one who fucking said it..
[02:16] <Gooseman> i know
[02:17] <no_friends> .WALKED INTO THAT ONE

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Okay. This has been a somewhat interesting lan for various reasons.

There have been lots of sensible conversations and lots of things have been ironed out since the ... incidents.

I think we can safely say, for anyone not in the know; lets just get along nicely again. This all happened around SL7 time and things eventually got better. Now I hope we can show the same resolve to make things better again - but lets keep them that way this time.

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:18 pm

Tom, regarding the internet issues.. they were resolved on Sunday after un-named person(s) admitted to de-crypting and updating steam files. This is why it was unusable. I hate kids who bitch and moan without offering ideas or suggestions. All the staff ask for are constructive comments, otherwise how are they meant to improve the LANs?

I too were unaware of the ports issue, so why you didn't mention anything and ONLY now say something is beyond me.

End of.

I really enjoyed this lan. Had some fun games of FlatOut2, UT3 (me and Sheepdude own the skies ;)), losing games of C&C3 thanks to Icey and Goose spammage.. and the best was the UT2k4 DM sillyweapons! lol.. We have some good games coming out in the next 3 months - including Universe at War - which i was enlighting Silver Talons with.

GG, WP and thanks for a great weekend. - Except for my shattered case :(

~iMess
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:32 pm

How did you break your case? Gooseman reverse in to it or something?

iMess

Postby iMess » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:42 pm

It was close but no..

I was attaching one of the side panels after installing the PSU and it fell.. onto the floor and smashed into 2 :(..

Sweet talking MountainMods as we speak.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

ez64
1337 Krew

Postby ez64 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 pm

I was half asleep when you showed it to someone but saw it slightly and didnt have the energy to say where did you get it from.

the green plasma conduit looked pretty cool, where did you get it from then?
In China DHCP leases YOU!
The Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference

I am the Stig!

ImageImage

iMess

Postby iMess » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:52 pm

oh just an online store. you can have it if you want. I can't fit it into my case.

tomuk5
1337 Krew

Postby tomuk5 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:22 pm

iMess wrote:I hate kids who bitch and moan without offering ideas or suggestions. All the staff ask for are constructive comments, otherwise how are they meant to improve the LANs?

I too were unaware of the ports issue, so why you didn't mention anything and ONLY now say something is beyond me.

that is why the issues i have posted are in this after lan thread, which is supposed to be used for saying how the lan went and if you have any suggestions comments issues etc, which is what im saying.

i also raised the internet issue AT THE TIME aswell, but im re-iterating it here.

the dead ports, nothing could have been done at the lan anyways, and we worked around it with longer patch leads to other ports that did work.
the cabling is just showing its age and wear and tear, resulting in dead ports and cabling causing 100base autoneging.
this issue is pointless raising at the lan, because what can be done while at the lan? nothing, what needs to be done is new cable runs made up from scratch to replace the old damaged ones.

done come the "we cant read minds, we dont know whats wrong if you dont tell us" shit because whenever you tell someone something for the first time, thats the fucking point, its the first time youve told someone something then of course you wont have been told it before.

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:28 pm

i also raised the internet issue AT THE TIME aswell, but im re-iterating it here.

as far as im aware it won't be a issue for the next lan, as it will be http browsing only, no msn/ftp/rdp etc

tomuk5
1337 Krew

Postby tomuk5 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:44 pm

thanks mark :)

no friends
Unter Peon

Postby no friends » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:20 pm

Fair shout about http only. You don't really need much else, what about IRC though? I couldn't manage 3 days without IRC :(
[02:13] *** * Gooseman and points out that fred is a cock
[02:16] <no_friends> you'd be best at identifying them ;)
[02:16] <Gooseman> it does take one to know one
[02:16] <no_friends> you're the one who fucking said it..
[02:16] <Gooseman> i know
[02:17] <no_friends> .WALKED INTO THAT ONE

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:23 pm

tho will see what i can do about a better username.. business option 3 would be better than evo 1

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm glad that http only will be the case. I know it was a bit of trail this time, but generally did you really expect it to be any different? That was rhetorical. I'm sure most of the bandwidth was literally accidentally taken up from people who many of left Internet apps running that start with windows.

Return to “Saltlan 11”