How's it going peeps?

The Sam
1337 Krew

How's it going peeps?

Postby The Sam » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:07 am

I'm quite gutted about not going, I really wanted to. But circumstances beyond my control mean that, inspite of my request for Infinite Pasties, I shall not *sniff* be there to see them.:cry:

So, it's your chance to make me feel bad by telling me what I'm missing! :lol:
I'm sure you guys are missing me, even though you may not even know it...

Oh, and I've read the posts about the mouse-cheesery, and the jefford-tapery btw.

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:17 am

Hey Sam!
So far you missed some games of UT3, Sup com, big DM of UT2k4 - silly weapons mod and me and mike losing to 6 ppl twice in C&C3. all good fun tho!
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Excalibur
Unter Peon

Postby Excalibur » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:46 am

A good LAN overall, a few games os CS:S, UT and a decent game of Savage a bit earlier....and we mustn't forget the Railroads game must we Mr Manning! ;)

Ownages thus far:

Friday Night: Mr Jefford!
Saturday: Mr Goosey!
Sunday: TBA!

Roll on the next one!

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:51 am

stay tuned for the youtube video coming to a forum near you (of jefford that is)
Last edited by Gooseman on Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:57 am

FFS, Goose.. and now you wonder why! Stop with the fucking spamming
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:01 am

stay tuned for the youtube video coming to a forum near you (of my mouse getting cheese rubbed into it)

someone edited my post, and it could have only have been a admin. dont edit my posts

ez64
1337 Krew

Postby ez64 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:52 am

shoutgun not me getting owned on sunday, hell its 3:52 now.

I must try those sausage rolls infact im going to have one now.
In China DHCP leases YOU!
The Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference

I am the Stig!

ImageImage

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:14 am

Excalibur wrote:Ownages thus far:

Friday Night: Mr Jefford!
Saturday: Mr Goosey!
Sunday: Your car's brake lines or Your mum

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:58 am

Goosemange wrote:someone edited my post, and it could have only have been a admin. dont edit my posts

Westlan Disclaimer wrote:Gooseman is not allowed to make requests of any kind.

Sorry Goose.

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:43 am

goose this is the edit libe from the forums
"Last edited by Gooseman on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total"
so no one fucking edited it.

i warned you about the vid and told you to remove it from you tube.

if you post it here you will get a perminant ban from these forums.

now all i can say to every one who keeps bitching at each other is

shut the fuck up and grow the fuck up
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

tomuk5
1337 Krew

Postby tomuk5 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:40 am

Lan was alright so far, few problems with dead network ports (half of the ports on the pod to our area are dead, and some ports dont like running stable at gig and autoneg to 100base)

Game browsing has been a problem for not just myself but jimme this lan aswell, as has internet access being quite poor throughout the lan, for most of saturday the internet was entirely unusable for anything at all.

And as some people have demonstrated they would like to discover the aerodynamic properties of a sausage rolls rather than eating them, this is thier fault that free ginsters food will not be provided next lan.

all in all its been alright, but i will say this:

mikethegreek: get down off your high horse, if you want to stop gooseman uploading a video of mark being bound and gagged, then dont stand idly by when the bounding and gagging is taking place, step in and say no, dont pussy on up later and start with the ban threats.
and although you are not bound or required to assist in matters regarding kit abuse/misbehavior etc, plain ignorance is not acceptable in the eyes of attendees however "reasonable effort and understanding" would go a long way to improving things.

mark: i owe you an apology - sorry for holding your arms down during the taping, i did pass away the gimp style neck accessory beacuse tbh that does go way too far, and as much as i love to see you gaffaed the pulling over the floor and tape on the face was over the top.
Last edited by tomuk5 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:44 am

There is a part eaten sausage roll on the stage.

ps. I thought certain activities, such as uploading videos to youtube, was disallowed in order to conserve internet speed for other users.

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Postby neon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:49 am

Tom,

If your having troubles with ports and not getting full speeds, you need to tell us. Telling us at the event of the event isn't a great help. If you want us to do something about it, your going to have to tell us. These things aren't too much of an issue to fix.

As for the internet, well, there isn't much we can do about the internet connection. We can only offer what the town hall can provide. They have recently regraded their line, without consulting or informing us. This hasn't helped matters. Its never going to be great speeds, after all 40+ people on a single ADSL line is never going to be pretty.

No idea why your having problems browsing games, there is the game server list on the intranet if all else fails.

Entirely upto you about the ginsters food.

tomuk5
1337 Krew

Postby tomuk5 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:55 am

the network ports issue wasnt so urgent to bother you with, as we just got on with it and ran cables to the next pod down, and having two seats spare opposite means we didnt need the dead ports. hence why its going in this thread just so the staff know for next time that some of the cables are bit dodgy, because theres nothing much that could be done to solve it at the lan at the moment as whats really needed is a freshly made cable pod and cable run.

il admit that the internet wil never be great speed but for most of saturday it was not slow, it was dead entirely, (you saw me trying to get just 30mb of packages for debian taking over 4 hours and constantly timing out and stalling)

the game browing myself and james didnt report because it started working again out of the blue, but was a problem on the friday night and saturday morning.
Last edited by tomuk5 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:56 am

This is the first time the bitchiness and flaming from the forums has been carried through to irl. :(

Return to “Saltlan 11”