FED UP

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

FED UP

Postby Gooseman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:00 pm

as you all know and are laughing about by now, i have been the subject of lots of things (from bottle tops to sausage rolls) being chucked at me, but now it has gone too far, my mouse (which is only a month old) has been covered in cream cheese, and is now got cheese all around the mouse buttons and the underneath.

i have one of 2 expectations here:

1) the culprit comes over apoligises and comenstates me for the damage done to the mouse.

2) westlan compensate me for the damage done. i have check the FAQ there is no disclaimer about damage to equipment.

this is not a joke, and i am EXTREMLY pissed off

Stephen

Excalibur
Unter Peon

Postby Excalibur » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:26 pm

Stephen,

I can understand your anger at this most hanous situation and I too would like compensation for the following paid in FULL be the end of the month. I really dont want to bring solicitors into this but I will unless this most serious of situations is resolved to my satisfaction!

1. Tube of Cream Cheese (Primula) STOLEN! and used in a milicious act. Replacement or repatyment in FULL demanded!

2. Bangers and Mash meal STOLEN! AND Consumed under my nose without permission

3. Beef Stew and Dumplings STOLEN and Consumed under my nose without permission!

I'm a growing lad and need to eat! Think of the poor fat bastards in this world!

There are no disclaimers in the FAQ about my pies being stolen and eaten/used!!!

Richard :p

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Richard this isnt a joke

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:39 pm

why can i see some ass being kicked here by the organisers? or at least they should do. mpuk lans brought this to a stop a while ago after some "innocent fun" messing around with one lan goers pc resulted in the os being borked by some obscure group policy settings. a lan is meant to be fun... for all attendees. damaging other attendees computers is plain idiotic, stop acting like chavs and grow up
I adblock smilies.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:27 am

Someone throw milk on his laptop now to make his day complete....

Nah just kidding. As fun(ny) as it is, it is out of order, you probably wouldn't want it to happen to you unless you have a lot of spare mice. If it happened to me I know I certainly wouldn't be happy.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:25 am

I think that a Admin needs to come and post in here, with a resoloution, or else speak to me, as i am extremly pissed off by the actions of some people this LAN. I wonder what would happen if it was some of their equipment that was damaged?

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:09 am

I am also disappointed. People have been using my milk WITHOUT my permission.

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:32 am

if you want organiser support, you could say that you're withdrawing from westlan until it becomes somewhere you can have fun again. atm it seems to be more of a "driver and patches" swap and c&c lan, and for some that's great (imo the objective for a lan organiser is to set it up so the punters have fun). like any game, if you find it fun then play/attend it, if not then there's plenty of other things to do with your time
I adblock smilies.

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:45 am

OK, I know I'm not even *at* this LAN, and I have even less knowledge as to whats happening but...
"cheesing" someones hardware is NOT cool. Yeah it's a mouse, but what if it was, say, a £100 gamers' mouse and the cheesy goodness happened to render it useless beyond repair?

Even if it were a £10 mouse, what if he only had the one mouse with him, and there were no spares going around? He'd be pretty screwed, unless he can play C&C with a graphics tablet! (Or whatever equivalent you have, if at all)

I'm just wondering who did it, who would spill a product (that at least partially liquid based) on computing equipment, at a LAN party no less...

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:52 am

freelance please shut up.
we run the lan how we like end of the day if you dont like it dont come, we are not mpuk as we don want to run lans in the same way.

ppl can play what ever game they like. we provide server for a load of games.

as for you goose. what happend to you mouse is a piss take but at the end of the day your kit is your responsability. we make nothing and by nothing i mean a loss over the years.

the cash would come out of our pockets.

if ppl keep spamming i will lock the thread then get the big ban stick out i am getting rather pissed off.
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:58 am

so mike, you expect me to take my equipment with me when i goto the kitchen for some food? or the toilet? as thats when it happened when i went to the kitchen for 1 minute to grab a pie.

i expect you to either find the culprit and get them to replace it, or for westlan to replace it, the staff are there after all to help keep a good atmosphere, to keep order and to be helpful. if they cant keep order then there is no point in there being staff.

if your saying that i should be responsible for my equipment when i leave my desk for 1 or 2 mins then that is more of a pisstake

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:01 am

so what you are saying is we need a member of staff for every desk to stand there and look affter every ones kit.

There is no way on earth we can find out who did it and there is no way we can cover kit damage.

its that simple
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:03 am

The responsibility for compensation falls upon whoever dealt it in this case.
Its like someone parking their car in a University car park, and having a window smashed in. Not the Uni's fault or responsibility to pay for it.
At least, that's how I think of it.

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:05 am

Gooseman wrote:so mike, you expect me to take my equipment with me when i goto the kitchen for some food? or the toilet? as thats when it happened when i went to the kitchen for 1 minute to grab a pie.

i expect you to either find the culprit and get them to replace it, or for westlan to replace it, the staff are there after all to help keep a good atmosphere, to keep order and to be helpful. if they cant keep order then there is no point in there being staff.

if your saying that i should be responsible for my equipment when i leave my desk for 1 or 2 mins then that is more of a pisstake

Gooseman, there is no way in hell we can guarentee the safety of your kit.

We don't have security staff. Other lans have signficant numbers of security staff and yet still have things stolen.

Its your choice to insure your kit, or not to insure you kit. Its your risk, nobody elses.

The staff do things like... Set up the lans, put your tables up, configure the game servers, clean the pile of plates that are left and penut shells on the floor, try and get people into games (their choice), drive kit miles. By all means at the next lan drag your own table out of the stores, run your network and power and make sure your computer is COMPLETELY patched before the lan. As theres no point having us.
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:11 am

mikethegreek wrote:so what you are saying is we need a member of staff for every desk to stand there and look affter every ones kit.

thats not what i am saying at all, in most peoples cases everybody respects everybody, but there are the odd ones that are ALWAYS picked on, you were all fully aware of what had been happening all evening, and yet you did nothing to stop it, or attempt to stop it, then it went too far, for this if you could not be bothered to attempt to stop it when it was just starting i will hold westlan responsible for the damage.

if it means that you pay for a new g5 out of your own pocket then so be it, you were aware of the food throwing at me for a couple of hours before the cream cheese.

also if the person responisble doesnt have the balls to say it was them, then that is quite pathetic, and shows that at heart they enjoy causing trouble and arnt bothered by the concqences

basiclly you either find out who it was, to which i expect that you know, or have a good idea, or westlan replaces it (or staff from their own pocket).

the person doing it oviously planned it which is even more pathetic

Return to “Saltlan 11”