The trip to our first LAN.

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:52 pm

now ur finding stupidly small things, are you trying to tell me that there are diferant speeds on differant lanes of the moterway?

coz there isnt!

opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin

Postby opus » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Gooseman wrote:now ur finding stupidly small things, are you trying to tell me that there are diferant speeds on differant lanes of the moterway?

coz there isnt!

if everyone travelled at the same speed there would be no need for an overtaking lane, as noone would ever overtake.

you're a moron.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:42 pm

answer the question, are there differant speed limits in each lane? yes or no?

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:56 pm

That question is irrevelant, invalid and flawed.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Gooseman wrote:now ur finding stupidly small things, are you trying to tell me that there are diferant speeds on differant lanes of the moterway?

coz there isnt!

1) No there aren't different speed limits in different lanes. However, not everyone can/will drive right up to the speed limit (I suggest you read this article in the highway code), which is the reason why there IS more than 1 lane. Therefore the people who are happy to do 70, will need to use the middle lane to overtake. But even then, the person who is overtaking might not even reach 70, so someone might move out to the inside lane (the one closest to the divider is the inside lane, right?) to overtake.

Imagine this scenario. There is a land rover towing a horse box doing 50mph on the outside lane. A lorry is coming up behind him, doing 60mph, followed by a car who is doing 65-70. The lorry moves out to the middle lane to overtake the land rover, but since it is only going a little fast it is taking a while. Therefore the car moves right out to the inside lane so it can overtake both, while still only doing 70mph.

2) The A38 is not a motorway, it's a dual carriageway.

3) Get Firefox 2.0, it has built-in spell checker.

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:38 pm

owned :D

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:51 pm

janipewter wrote:

coz there isnt!

1) No there aren't different speed limits in different lanes. However, not everyone can/will drive right up to the speed limit (I suggest you read this article in the highway code), which is the reason why there IS more than 1 lane. Therefore the people who are happy to do 70, will need to use the middle lane to overtake. But even then, the person who is overtaking might not even reach 70, so someone might move out to the inside lane (the one closest to the divider is the inside lane, right?) to overtake.

exactly, but is it called the overtaking lane in each case? they are called the middle and outside! not fast or overtaking, and yes you are correct htat is what they are there for, and also as you said above there are no differant speed limits for differant lanes, just differant speed limits for differant verchiles (i dont give a shit about what u lot say about my spelling so please rip away). and its called the outside, not the inside lane.

also the speed of the a38 as you said it was a dual carigage way, is the same as the moterway, BUT as there is one lane less, its even more of an idea to keep to the speed limit.

also a lorry would be breaking the speed limit if he was doing 60! as ilisutrated by that article!

no friends
Unter Peon

Postby no friends » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:58 am

stop being a moron gooseman. That was an example, it could be a man pushing a wheelchair, but its not.

And also, it is the fast lane on motorways. Lorries are not allowed into the 3rd lane, making it a designated 70mph lane. Whilst the others are variable from 56 to 70. So the average speed for the first 2 lanes is slower than the third.
[02:13] *** * Gooseman and points out that fred is a cock
[02:16] <no_friends> you'd be best at identifying them ;)
[02:16] <Gooseman> it does take one to know one
[02:16] <no_friends> you're the one who fucking said it..
[02:16] <Gooseman> i know
[02:17] <no_friends> .WALKED INTO THAT ONE

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:02 am

Actually, the majority of the A38 between here and Exeter is 3 lanes.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:19 am

no friends wrote:stop being a moron gooseman. That was an example, it could be a man pushing a wheelchair, but its not.

And also, it is the fast lane on motorways. Lorries are not allowed into the 3rd lane, making it a designated 70mph lane. Whilst the others are variable from 56 to 70. So the average speed for the first 2 lanes is slower than the third.

again, wtf is there a average speed limit for? its only during those bloody roadworks!!

it is a standered 70mph, whatever lane you are in, and even if it is still 3 lanes, its still 70mph, there is no fast lane and there never will be. if anything the lane u are reffering to is the outside lane!

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:21 am

i think anything we say to goose.. falls on deaf ears

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 am

also the speed of the a38 as you said it was a dual carigage way, is the same as the moterway, BUT as there is one lane less, its even more of an idea to keep to the speed limit.

The national speed limit applies to the dual carriageways, which is 60mph. Only on motorways is it 70mph unless explicitly stated. Most motorways have a minimum speed of 30mph.

The 3 lanes on the motorway do not have individual speed limits, on that, you are correct. The "inside lane", is the lane on the left most side, the "outside lane" is the lane on the right most side. The inner lane is for traffic, whereas the middle, upto the outside lane (motorways can have 3+ lanes), are used for overtaking.

Gooseman
1337 Krew

Postby Gooseman » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 am

thank you xcon, you are proberlly the first one to see my point, and havent got the lanes mixed up, there is only one thing i would like to question, using the article posted [url="http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.htm#103"]above[/url] if you look at cars on the dual cariage ways then you can see that it is infact 70, and yes it is ALWAYS unless otherwise stated

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:04 am

xconspirisist wrote:

The national speed limit applies to the dual carriageways, which is 60mph. Only on motorways is it 70mph unless explicitly stated. Most motorways have a minimum speed of 30mph.

The 3 lanes on the motorway do not have individual speed limits, on that, you are correct. The "inside lane", is the lane on the left most side, the "outside lane" is the lane on the right most side. The inner lane is for traffic, whereas the middle, upto the outside lane (motorways can have 3+ lanes), are used for overtaking.

The national speed limit for cars on a dual carriageway is 70mph, unless stated otherwise. Take a look at the link I posted above (http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.htm#103), the speed limit for cars is exactly the same on the motorway as it is on the dual carriageway.

JimmE
Unter Peon

Postby JimmE » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Yes, the national speed limit is 60 for single carriageways and 70 for dual carriageways. Its effectively a variable so that it can be changed if necessary without having to replace lots of signs :D

Return to “Saltlan 9”