Roll on march...the happy month!!

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:43 am

I can confirm that I won't pay a single penny for a Microsoft product. It's an operating system for a games console. Nothing more.

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:26 am

yeh, i wont either, if it comes with a machnine if i have to buy a machine then fine, but i wont buy it outright, a free upgrade for use on any machine i want though, i wont say no to it!

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:38 am

xconspirisist wrote:I can confirm that I won't pay a single penny for a Microsoft product. It's an operating system for a games console. Nothing more.

must...hold...back....comments.....ugh.....
Though the XBox360 does use a Windows CE derived OS :P

It pains me to say this, but the DRM technologies in Vista (which they say won't be 'activated' until ~2010) has the potential to cripple the entire industry (read my post on technowax somewhere about Vista).
And ultimate edition is farking expensive weighing in at almost £300.

Having said that, it does provide a stable environment where finding files is incredibly faster.
<rant>Which reminds me of SuSe 10.2's "start" menu (in its GNOME shell). Its obviously a rip from the new start menu in Vista, and its HORRIBLE I HATE IT. It really puts me off with the so-called (or so-implied) "instant search" that isn't instant and just opens a new app to start a search. Ugh. The idea they had was nice, but executed in such a way as to scream (please format the partition I'm on, pretty please??). <vomit /></rant>

Not to mention the improved networking, eye candy (PURDY GLASS!! :P), security, etc.

Still though, £300 :(

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:28 pm

Sam, that abomination's of a menu in SuSe's GNOME was developed by, or for Novell. It's not part of the core GNOME release. It is horrible and copied so badly. Too heavy for my liking as well. SuSe is an enterprise workstation OS. It's designed for plebs that like to send email and whatnot :) You won't find it in many servers.

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:32 am

PS3 European launch date revealed, BBC News.
And guess what is has? PURDY GLASS :P
Well, its nice and shiny. So shiny in fact, it resembles Trafalgar Square somewhat, in that it will draw in Magpies from at least 10sq km :)

Return to “Saltlan 9”