LAN Feedback

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:00 pm

The Sam wrote:... it would be nice to have some kind of server browser (yes, I did see the intranet page) like the All Seeing Eye where people can just open it up, and join any game server they want without having to run the game first.

We used to use QTracker, but tbh we found that most of these server browser programs are someone dodgy. Your as well looking at everybodys screens and seeing what they're playing ;)
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

tomuk5
1337 Krew

Postby tomuk5 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm

i myself use HLSW, updated regularly and works a treat with most every game, also works outside of a lan, for checking your fave game servers status's/players in/etc

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:58 pm

Yeah, I've always got HLSW running in the background at the lan now. It's better, because even if a server has 2 players in it, you may not see it on other peoples monitors, but 2 people in a server is enough to get me into a game. :)

Perhaps, replace the game servers page on the intranet with a link to download HLSW? That would be awesome. Far easier to maintain than Qtracker and very functional.

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:46 pm

I'll have a look at that program.

I forgot to mention The Kitchen - in particular The Microwave.
Cool.
1.21 Jiggawats!

All that's needed is a flux capacitor and the kitchen will be perfectly capable of time travel.

I have to say, making a pot noodle in 1 minute flat was fan-daby-doozy.

The stage is cool, and I love the idea of the media center on the projector, the choice of films was great, but I would have loved to have seen the rest of serenity.

I don't know if it was me or the floor, but I knocked my ass flat on that floor :)
It must have been me, or the material of my socks, because I seem to slide on my kitchen at home sometimes too :)

And who could forget the laptop. Poor lappy, funny though.
I would have been amazing beyond words if it booted up into windows afterward. :lol:

Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:15 am

thats why we killed it.. it did't get thru bios...

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:41 am

well it did power on!

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:36 am

Goose, What is the point if it doesn't post?

Right pain in the ass to fix.

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:00 am

Neomancer wrote:you on the floor while dave was watching movies on the projector

lol, i never did get a towel...

Was watching family guy on the "Big Screen" anyway lol

The Sam
1337 Krew

Postby The Sam » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:36 pm

And another thing: the 10x10 px conversion of Family Guy was genius, and even more so to play it on a 50" projector :lol:

Next time I'd love to see that console media player (VNC was it?), the Linux one. That'll be roffletastic :D

Return to “Saltlan 8”