Ticket prices

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Ticket prices

Postby Wishy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:03 pm

Hi All,

Unfortunately we have had to make the decision to raise ticket prices for the event.
A couple of weeks before the last lan, we were told by the hall they were raising the hall price by £100 for the event, in addition they have also started to charge us to have the heating running in the hall.
Despite a good turnout, by the time we paid the staff for the petrol used to get the kit to the event and train tickets we barely hit breakeven.
We've also just upgraded the lan switches, so this has come at a fairly bad time for us.

As a result, we've decided to raise the ticket price to £20 in advance or £23 on the door. We hope you'll understand our reasoning and that we do need to make a profit on the event so that we can continue to replace kit and have enough to run smaller, potentially loss making lans.

Those who have paid, or currently have payments "in transit" will pay the original £17. Those who have not yet signed up or are unpaid will have to pay the additional £3.
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:10 pm

I think you would do very well by increasing the on the door ticket price to £25. More people will think harder about getting a ticket in advance, and the change is a lot easier to handle.

Despite the price increase over the years, WestLAN now has one of the best venues, best networks, and best attendees over a lot of other parties. £25 is still very reasonable for 3 days of solid good fun, especially compared to other parties that have a ticket price of up to £40. I assume the price per day will be approximatly £7, whith perhaps £6 on fridays (as it's a short day).

Gooseman
1337 Krew
steamid: sgoosey

Postby Gooseman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:48 pm

i would much rather pay £25 to come to westlan than to pay £25 to goto the local one near me, im coming for this one and missing the one near me, as i much prefer westlan, and think u deserve my money more than uklanparty

dont care that i have to pay the fuel, still much rather goto westlan

Wishy
Senior Icelandic Field Sausage Engineer

Postby Wishy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Haven't actually thought through the day prices, i'm guessing 7 quid a day, will speak with the staff.

We could raise to £25, but 3 quid extra is enough to make people pay in advance. The price increase is out of necessity rather than seeing how much money we can make out of the event.

We run the lans because we enjoy it, not because we're trying to make a profit. For us even to pay staff minimum wage we'd have to increase the price dramatically. As long as we can replace the kit (Which we've finally paid back the staff for) then we're happy.
Wishy - Westlan Web type person.

Return to “Saltlan 8”