Looking for cheap(ish) cameras to catch SOB car keyer!!

Problems? We'll give um a shot
legmog
BIFF

Looking for cheap(ish) cameras to catch SOB car keyer!!

Postby legmog » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 am

Sup G's
So a friend of mine lives on a main road in our local area. For years now, we have driven up to his place and parked outside his house.
However, about 3 weeks ago, and now TONIGHT, both mine, Crimson Ryan and Dark Davies (my fellow LAN goers) cars have been keyed whilst parked outside. Sufficeth to say, I would LOVE to catch this person in the act and would love to purchase some manner of descreet camera to either place in the car, on conceal in said friends front garden.
Something that can be on record and last (battery wise) for a good few hours. Also, I would LOVE it if there was some technological solution that would allow a live feed of the camera to stream to either our smart phones or laptops, so we could call the police as soon as any keying occurs, catching the bastard red handed!

Any words of wisdom or advice to set something like this up would be fantastic. ;)

neon
Duct Tape Engineer

Re: Looking for cheap(ish) cameras to catch SOB car keyer!!

Postby neon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:10 am

I would have a chat to Dave (Electro) who runs http://exmouthcam.co.uk and many other webcams around the south west. He has a real interest in cameras and streams and has spent far too much money on them in the past. His contact details are on the exmouthcam website.

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Re: Looking for cheap(ish) cameras to catch SOB car keyer!!

Postby Freelance » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am

What's your budget? If you can get some android device with a camera, and if it's got access to wifi then you can use one of the 'ip webcam' apps to stream it to another computer.
I adblock smilies.

Return to “Tech Advice”