Computer chair

Problems? We'll give um a shot
Luck_dragon66
Sleep Interruption Admin

Computer chair

Postby Luck_dragon66 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 am

I am looking at replacing my computer chair, just wondered if anyone has something they would recommend, looking for something with good back support. In the past I have always gone to viking-direct and picked up a office chair, but this time I am looking to spend a little more to get something comfortable. Any suggestions greatly received.
Someone pass me a beer......

Slyce
BIFF

Re: Computer chair

Postby Slyce » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:35 pm

I don't know what your budget is but check out needforseat they sponsor loads of esports type events and get a really good rep but I think that is reflected in the pricing.
I like to make marines.

Jammy
Unter Peon

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Slyce wrote:needforseat

~£220 for a chair, and it doesn't even have Nitro? ;)

Plus they're American so ~£20 shipping :P

Fairly sure you could do better buying from a supplier in this country, and that isn't shelling out so much to sponsor gaming events :)

That said, I don't know anything about Seats so might be a reasonable price for what you're getting :D Just more than I'm likely to spend on a chair :)

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 am

Herman Miller Aeron - the best office chair that money can buy.

http://www.johnlewis.com/herman-miller- ... p230627151

Slyce
BIFF

Postby Slyce » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 am

I know they are pricey but the reviews are amazing, OP said he wanted to spend some cash so I thought I would show him them. I personally have an £18 argos chair ;P
I like to make marines.

mikethegreek
Addicted To Hard Drive's

Postby mikethegreek » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 am

i have been looking at needforseat for a bit but they are going to be at dreamhack so plan to try one when i am out there in november
I adblock Freelance
Email - mike@westlan.co.uk

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey, so I've gone through about 6 computer chairs, most of them I spent between £120 and £220 or so, and I haven't been looking for anything specific because I am delighted to say that I don't suffer from any sort of RSI or back pain. Most of the chairs in that range were poorly adjustable, or broke, snapped or something. I was pretty hard on them though and I'm pretty heavy at the same time.

So, I recently shelled out £275 for a second hand Herman Milla Mirra, (the new ones start at £550). I did get a chance to try before I buy and after using it for several weeks I'm delighted to say it was well worth the investment. I also cheated a bit, because I was used to having those chairs at work too.

Herman Milla make a more expensive version, the Aeron, which has a meshed back and a moulded seat. I would say try this version (like I did) and determine if you want to spend more for it. I didn't think it was cost effective to do so. Lastly, if you are going to go for this premium range, be aware they come in 3 sizes. I have the medium Mirra which just about fits well. I tried the medium Aeron and it was too small. It all comes down to try before you buy :)

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin
Origin ID: Merson
Battle.net: Merson#2706
steamid: Merson

Postby Merson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Jani wrote:Herman Miller Aeron - the best office chair that money can buy.

http://www.johnlewis.com/herman-miller- ... p230627151

We have these with every optional extra in work. We get 20% discount off them i believe. Still too pricey and i dread to think the total cost EA paid for 350 odd chairs.

Jani
Swearing Admin

Postby Jani » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 am

Everyone who spends a lot of time in an office chair should be sat in a Herman Miller. Even the presenters on Sky News use them.

Luck_dragon66
Sleep Interruption Admin

Postby Luck_dragon66 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions, the Herman Miller Aeron looks great but not at that price tag, needforseat is a possibility, but I may just go for something that costs a little less and spend the money I save on replacement monitors or something.
Someone pass me a beer......

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:35 pm

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Review on that site wrote:I was saving up for my wife to get a boob job but the she left me for a Foreigner, so I thought sod it, I'll spend the money on me and wow, was I impressed, very comfy and doesn't nag as much as she did.

:mrgreen:

Return to “Tech Advice”