Monitor(s)

Problems? We'll give um a shot
Jammy
Unter Peon

Monitor(s)

Postby Jammy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm debating whether to go for 1 monitor at 2560x1440 or 2/3 monitors at 1920x1080...

I say three after seeing the Asus VN279QLB getting three of them would be above my planned spend of ~£500 however :P

What are other peoples opinion on eyefinity/multiscreening... do you think i'll get sick of the bezel and end up only using one screen anyway? I know if I am gonna fps I wouldn't want to be on 2 screens as having center on cross hair across two screens would drive me insane :P

If I do go with 1 screen it would probably be one from this bunch http://www.overclockers.co.uk/search_re ... 440&cat=17 if anyone has any praise or critism for any of them, it would be useful :)
Last edited by Jammy on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Re: Monitor(s)

Postby Freelance » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Multimonitor also lets you have other information on another screen while playing on the main screen.
I adblock smilies.

Jammy
Unter Peon

Postby Jammy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Freelance wrote:Multimonitor also lets you have other information on another screen while playing on the main screen.

Yeah that's part of the reason I was pushing towards multi screen, as I do like having multiple screens for showing lots of things all at the same time :P

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Workload.

Multimonitor totally depends on your workload. If your computer is designed for films, games and web browsing, then you would be better off with one high quality screen.

If your workload involves managing multiple applications (for example, development or systems administration), then you'd be better off with multiple monitors.

I have 6 monitors, it's the best thing ever for me, but think about what you intend to use your machine for. Personally, I would not spend more than £150 on a monitor because I don't crave ludicrous resolutions and per-pixel sexiness in my games.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Don't think I can go back to one monitor now that I've used two for a couple of years. So much more room. Even games are finally starting to get in on the act.

These are the monitors I have: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =MO-052-DE I'm the complete opposite to Xcon, I would rather spend the extra cash and get IPS for the better colours then something cheap.

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:01 pm

xconspirisist wrote:Workload.

Multimonitor totally depends on your workload. If your computer is designed for films, games and web browsing, then you would be better off with one high quality screen.

If your workload involves managing multiple applications (for example, development or systems administration), then you'd be better off with multiple monitors.

I have 6 monitors, it's the best thing ever for me, but think about what you intend to use your machine for. Personally, I would not spend more than £150 on a monitor because I don't crave ludicrous resolutions and per-pixel sexiness in my games.

Train/Bus Simulator with 1 awesome monitor is great.

Train/Bus Simulator with 3 22"-27" monitor is fucking sweet.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

bloodtobleed
Westlan Staff
Origin ID: bloodtobleed
Battle.net: bloodtobleed#2312
steamid: 02cfranklin

Postby bloodtobleed » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Merson wrote:Don't think I can go back to one monitor now that I've used two for a couple of years. So much more room. Even games are finally starting to get in on the act.

These are the monitors I have: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =MO-052-DE I'm the complete opposite to Xcon, I would rather spend the extra cash and get IPS for the better colours then something cheap.

I go two of these on Merson's recommendation. They're sexy as all fucking hell. Easily the best monitors I've ever had (got mine from Amazon though).

Return to “Tech Advice”