Howdy

User avatar
Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Posts: 6212
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:20 pm
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Postby Neomancer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:31 pm

what happens if someone has fallen asleep/been verbally abusive... how do you remove them then

/me finds excal to comment

Gooseman
1337 Krew
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:41 pm
steamid: sgoosey
Location: Milton Keynes

Postby Gooseman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:34 pm

verbally abusive counts, fallen asleep, well they arent gonna know if they are moved, but they would proberlly call a ambulance if at a club!

User avatar
opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:35 am

Postby opus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:48 pm

no, they really wouldn't call an ambulance, they'll just poke you til you wake up, then drag you out of the club. ou've obviously not been to many clubs if you think that a bouncer is gonna wait for you to touch them or verbally abuse them before they haul your ass out the front door.

rules and real life are two entirely different things when it comes to club security.

Gooseman
1337 Krew
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:41 pm
steamid: sgoosey
Location: Milton Keynes

Postby Gooseman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:04 pm

but the thing is that not many people attaclly know their rites, so you have to be carefull,

im now aware of that, and as im not pysiclly voilent when out clubbing i dont have to worry, i have seen the bouncers though, and in milton keynes they always wait till some1 goes, or looks like they are about to go for them, that is their deffence and then it is resonable force that they use to protect themselves, all quite intresting if u care about it!

User avatar
tomuk5
1337 Krew
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucester
Contact:

Postby tomuk5 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:39 pm

oh dear god, i can feel my wrists cutting themselves

GOOSE DEAR GOD STOP TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS, AND DIGGING YOUR HOLE DEEPER
Image

User avatar
BlackDwarf
1337 Krew
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Postby BlackDwarf » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Shhh... Its funny.

Here Goose, here's some help:

Image
© ¡Mess 2008 - Falling.. would like to send you the file "Me 001.jpg" (258 Kb). Do you want to Accept (Ctrl+T) or Decline (Ctrl+D) the invitation?
© ¡Mess 2008 - Falling.. says: (00:05:13)
new hair :P
Black Dwarf says: (00:05:16)
dare i ask :P
© ¡Mess 2008 - Falling.. says: (00:05:24)
on.my.head.

User avatar
opus
Nuclear Submarine Admin
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:35 am

Postby opus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:55 pm

rights aren't gonna stop a 20st monster in a white shirt and tie smashing your face in.

follow the white rabbit neo, you don't seem to be living in the real world.

User avatar
Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Posts: 6212
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:20 pm
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Postby Neomancer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:04 pm

huh? someone called for me?

User avatar
xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Posts: 6182
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:04 pm
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist
Location: Hyrule. ▲
Contact:

Postby xconspirisist » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 pm

Gooseman, bouncers, don't hit people. Believe me we could, but the whole POINT of being trained is that you're capable to defuse the situation before they hit anyone. If there is risk of them hitting you, you get backup, and if absolutely necessary, you make a citizens arrest and wait for the police.

The last thing you'd ever do to a thug with a bottle is square up to them with big shoulders and a puffed up chest. Being a bouncer is ALL about body language.

User avatar
HELL
1337 Krew
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Postby HELL » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:38 am

xconspirisist wrote:Gooseman, bouncers, don't hit people. Believe me we could, but the whole POINT of being trained is that you're capable to defuse the situation before they hit anyone. If there is risk of them hitting you, you get backup, and if absolutely necessary, you make a citizens arrest and wait for the police.

The last thing you'd ever do to a thug with a bottle is square up to them with big shoulders and a puffed up chest. Being a bouncer is ALL about body language.


WTF STFU N00B!

Ok... little scenario for you here...

Its My 19th Birthday.... I've had copious amounts of alcohol poured down my throat and am somewhat legless...

So in a club in taunton I'm wandering around dancing to the music and bump into some random guy (now as you know I'm not small) he got all pissy and walked off - next thing I know I'm grabbed from behind, so instinctively I grab the hand and get ready to put it in an arm lock...

You can imagine my horror when I turn round and it's a rather nasty looking bouncer.. so I stop what I'm doing apologise and ask him what the problem is, he replies that I'm too pissed and he wants to escort me off the premises.. I protested admitting I was pretty pissed but not completely out of it.. so as he's walking me to the stairs I turned and asked if I could stay - consequently he threw me down the stairs (you may not believe me but I still have the scars to prove it)..

Now unconscious at the bottom of the stairs they gathered round me, when I came too I was pretty furious so said something along the lines of "why the **** did you do that you ****** * *** **** retarded Neanderthal, which I don't think he took to highly so he punched me in the face - Knocking me out for a 2nd time.... Well this time when I came too I was escorted outside (along with my friends who were all protesting at the way I had been treated) and they dumped me on the floor outside - I got up and (rather stupidly in retrospect) got in the "head doorman's" face and he proceeded to head butt me, and I was knocked out for a 3rd time...

All in all a good evening was had by all...

The point of the long winded story is that during the course of that evening I never "threw the first punch" and they could have handled it in a far less aggressive manner.

Basically bouncers (outside of big city clubs) are builders, plumbers and other assorted retards who are looking for a legal way to give someone a good smashing in..

I also it should be worth a mention to inform you that the head doorman of that establishment was convicted of murder last year and is serving a life sentence - so all in all I got away pretty much unscathed!

Hope you found my story rather amusing (I do know) and it will open your eyes to how these dickheads operate.

I no longer drink so that if I ever do get started on again in a club/pub I'm going to win!!!

Much Love

HELL
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Excalibur
Unter Peon
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Galhampton, Somerset
Contact:

Postby Excalibur » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:39 am

As an SIA licened Nightclub Doorman of several years myself here is the truth at last for all you folks.

If someone falls asleep.....


No, we wouldnt call an ambulance unless they were on deaths door. They would be carefully prodded on the shoulder and warned in no uncertain terms that they need to stay awake (first and only warning). They would then be checked on a couple of minutes later, if Snow White had fallen asleep again they would be escorted from the premises.
Doormen in clubs tend to work in pairs and are rather more organised than you might think with set patterns on where to stand and patrol and with different codes used down the radios for different situations.
If the punter got abusive then he would be restrained and removed from the club forcibly. If hes a big chap with ots of mates other collegues would be brought over.
Doormen use violence as a last result. Most situations, especially with sleeping people are dealt with verbally as the mere threat of being barred and the putting the idea into their heads that you are about to grab them and drag them out is normally enough to put people off trying anything.
If someone does need to be dragged out pysically it often looks far more brutal than it actually is. They are simply locked up as oppose to beaten up.
Conspirisist - Cizitenzens arrest is the last thing you want to do ;p. Just pin them to the floor and call the police and dont tell them anything. That was if you misprenounced a single word on the arrest it wont matter!


If someone is starting on you, usually about refusal of entry on the front door and wont leave off and wont fuck off you should absord all of their intimidation and ALLOW THEM to hit you ONCE - after that, they tend to get buried alive. That way they started the fight and you are defending yourself! :)


Hope that cleared all of that up........ Ifs often a misconceived job....very few doormen are actually monsters :)

User avatar
HELL
1337 Krew
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Postby HELL » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:48 am

Excalibur wrote:As an SIA licened Nightclub Doorman of several years myself here is the truth at last for all you folks.

If someone falls asleep.....


No, we wouldnt call an ambulance unless they were on deaths door. They would be carefully prodded on the shoulder and warned in no uncertain terms that they need to stay awake (first and only warning). They would then be checked on a couple of minutes later, if Snow White had fallen asleep again they would be escorted from the premises.
Doormen in clubs tend to work in pairs and are rather more organised than you might think with set patterns on where to stand and patrol and with different codes used down the radios for different situations.
If the punter got abusive then he would be restrained and removed from the club forcibly. If hes a big chap with ots of mates other collegues would be brought over.
Doormen use violence as a last result. Most situations, especially with sleeping people are dealt with verbally as the mere threat of being barred and the putting the idea into their heads that you are about to grab them and drag them out is normally enough to put people off trying anything.
If someone does need to be dragged out pysically it often looks far more brutal than it actually is. They are simply locked up as oppose to beaten up.
Conspirisist - Cizitenzens arrest is the last thing you want to do ;p. Just pin them to the floor and call the police and dont tell them anything. That was if you misprenounced a single word on the arrest it wont matter!


If someone is starting on you, usually about refusal of entry on the front door and wont leave off and wont fuck off you should absord all of their intimidation and ALLOW THEM to hit you ONCE - after that, they tend to get buried alive. That way they started the fight and you are defending yourself! :)


Hope that cleared all of that up........ Ifs often a misconceived job....very few doormen are actually monsters :)


You must work in a nice club then!!!
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

User avatar
Neomancer
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin
Posts: 6212
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:20 pm
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Postby Neomancer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:07 pm

Excalibur wrote:Hope that cleared all of that up........ Ifs often a misconceived job....very few doormen are actually monsters :)


you like being the minority then xcal? :)

Excalibur
Unter Peon
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Galhampton, Somerset
Contact:

Postby Excalibur » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Die! Preferably of aids :P

User avatar
xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Posts: 6182
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:04 pm
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist
Location: Hyrule. ▲
Contact:

Postby xconspirisist » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Excaliber wrote:Doormen use violence as a last result.


xconspirisist wrote:The last thing you'd ever do to a thug with a bottle is square up to them with big shoulders and a puffed up chest.


I said pretty much the same thing as excaliber in less words.

Hell wrote:Basically bouncers (outside of big city clubs) are builders, plumbers and other assorted retards who are looking for a legal way to give someone a good smashing in..


As for you hell.. You honnestly have a very different view of the situation...

hell wrote:so instinctively I grab the hand and get ready to put it in an arm lock...


What did you expect him to do? That's alright dear fellow. Walk on. Get pissed. Annoy others. Get others in a headlock.

I think not.


Return to “Saltlan 7”