Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Exactly what it says on the tin
AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Postby AlienX » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:58 pm

"So sad that it should come to this" - la la la!
Anyways, some of you already know and some of you do not so I thought I would post it here in the forums.
I will no longer be attending any more future events (maybe some in a blue moon type thing), and I also have resigned as a staff member.

I do not want anyone thinking the staff had a big fight and I left or whatever, that did not happen - just things in my life are changing and LAN's are not so important to me any more.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who comes to LAN who has taken the time to meet me and have a laugh. I have made many friends at LAN and I'm sure I will be seeing you outside of LAN at other events.

If you're bored you can mostly find me on teamspeak :)

Laters People! o/

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Re: Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Postby Freelance » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Man down! o7

Good luck wherever you go, life is too short to hang around doing something that's not doing it for you any more.
I adblock smilies.

egg99
LAN Mother
Origin ID: egg99rhubarb
steamid: Egg99

Postby egg99 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Feels like one of those, "It's not you; it's me" breakup speeches :P

You'll leave lots of WestLANners broken-hearted, Mark! We all appreciated how much you've done before, during and after the events. Thanks for being one of the awesome dudes who invited me into this beautiful community. Oh, and I'm stealing your sleeping area when you're not there!

Sounds like I'm saying goodbye?! Sod that! I'll see you on TS later!

Egg x

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:58 pm

The discussion of expansion has always been swung around here, I guess this is no longer required now that 47 desks will be freed up now that you and your ridiculous monitor array are leaving. :P

Good luck dude! Hope to see you at a Dreamhack some time. :)

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:32 pm

There has been quite a lot of drama on the forums with the toiletgate scandal, but I just wanted to reassure you all that there hasn't been a big break up between staff (that I'm aware of!). I say this because some other staff members are also looking leave and we're going to announce this in the next few days probably. This doesn't mean the end of WestLAN, don't panic people ;) We have plans and everything.

For now, Alien, I'm certain that we'll see you around in the future, even if you just pop down for the day or something. Otherwise, pop by Farnborough anytime if I'm around and we'll grab a beer ;) (same goes for pretty much anyone else at WestLAN).

Thanks for all the help with the game servers, for introducing lots of your AGN friends to the LAN, and for generally being useful and for being a great guy. :) *hugs*

*Raises glass*, cheers Alien ;)

iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Postby iMess » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am

Cheers buddy, see you online!
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Xorn
n00b

Postby Xorn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:08 am

Return to “General Chat”