iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: C&C Fans

Postby iMess » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Will be Origin.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin
Origin ID: Merson
Battle.net: Merson#2706
steamid: Merson

Postby Merson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:17 pm

At least you can't moan about the price. :)

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:32 am

http://www.bluehellproductions.com brings you C&C Reborn.

C&C Reborn is a collection of the C&C Tiberium Sun units/buildings running on the C&C Renegade (F/TPS) engine, it makes for some very fun gameplay and its totally free!

Hopefully see you guys in game.

Guardsmon
1337 Krew
steamid: guardsmon

Postby Guardsmon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 am

AlienX wrote:http://www.bluehellproductions.co.uk brings you C&C Reborn.

C&C Reborn is a collection of the C&C Tiberium Sun units/buildings running on the C&C Renegade (F/TPS) engine, it makes for some very fun gameplay and its totally free!

Hopefully see you guys in game.

This address seems to work: https://www.bluehellproductions.com/ rather than .co.uk :)
i7 3770K | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 2x4GB Samsung Green DDR1600 | ATI HD 7850 | Lian Li PC-Q11

AlienX
Overdraft Admin

Postby AlienX » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 am

Yeah, too used to typing .co.uk haha, fixed :)

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Another one bites the dust: http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/new ... nd-conquer

Part of being in a creative team is the understanding that not all of your choices are going to work out. In this case, we shifted the game away from campaign mode and built an economy-based, multiplayer experience. Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game. Although we deeply respect the great work done by our talented team, ultimately it’s about getting you the game you expect and deserve.

And Victory games is closing

The wording makes it sound like they're doing something else, but that could just be a general "I'm sure we'll do something with the C&C IP at some point... eventually", although if they're restarting development from scratch somewhere else including putting a team together, that's going to take time, in the order of years.
I adblock smilies.

iMess

Postby iMess » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:19 am

Sounds like a "EA Management didn't want to give us the freedom to make the game we wanted, so we are out of a job and the last 3 years is wasted." Oh well, End of Nations is still on its way.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Houlden
Unter Peon

Postby Houlden » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:04 am

Almost kinda glad that it's been cancelled. According to various people it sounded like it was nothing like the C&C people had been hoping for. Add to that a F2P game run by EA (we all know what kind of shit that would ensue), made by Bioware, etc etc, it just seems like the lesser of two evils.

Taking the dog out back with a shotgun - it was the kindest thing to do.

Do they even have any franchises left to ruin? How will they cope :?
i5 3570k - Hyper 212 Evo - ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance - 2x SLI MSI 760 - 128GB Samsung 830 - 1TB WD Red

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm not being funny, but there is a well maintained copy of RA95, that works perfectly on Windows 7 with good internet play. The graphics may be 15 years old, but the game is still totally fun to play. It is the real CnC, just because the graphics are dated doesn't mean the gameplay is bad!

The gameplay just was not designed for multiplayer, though. The game is just an exercise of "how many harvesters can you build & how quickly can you click the Mammoth Tank button" :)

That is the CnC I know and love ;) If you want a classical style multiplayer strategy game, StarCraft 2 is the best I've found yet.

iMess

Postby iMess » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Indeed. With C&C 3, well certainly with Kane's Wank, they wanted to make it a professional e-sports game. C&C was always about cheesy/quirky single-player with a easy to play, hard to master multiplayer. The moment they made it into a tank rush game was the moment they killed it. From my few old friends from Renegade days who were Alpha participants, this was turning into a generic/mediocre RTS with C&C tagged on it. And that was where it ended. Nothing about the game oozed C&C heart and sole that much of the community were expecting.

I still like C&C 3 because the tactics are still there. The choices a player makes can still make or break their win. This is true for C&C1, RA1 & RA2. RA3, well lets not even open that can of worms.

Freelance
1337 Krew

Postby Freelance » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:56 pm

I think the problem with C&C (and many other games) is that I'm not sure they can deliver what their corporate owners want of them without a huge investment (see Bliz and SC2). They're nice games, but perhaps not big games, and they're not prepared for that kind of non-big game.
I adblock smilies.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin
Origin ID: Merson
Battle.net: Merson#2706
steamid: Merson

Postby Merson » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 pm

iMess wrote:Sounds like a "EA Management didn't want to give us the freedom to make the game we wanted, so we are out of a job and the last 3 years is wasted." Oh well, End of Nations is still on its way.

You can't blame this on EA. There's a reason they pulled the plug at this point in time.

iMess

Postby iMess » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Yeh i hadn't read anymore into it at that point and then i also contacted some of my old C&C buddies.

Freelance
1337 Krew

Postby Freelance » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Merson wrote:You can't blame this on EA. There's a reason they pulled the plug at this point in time.

Don't be stupid, you can blame EA for anything.

Seriously though, it's better to cut their losses now rather than going for a launch, supporting it, and then going through a shutdown.

Kind of a shame they're not (AFAIK) putting out anything that's playable, so from what they've said I can only assume the C&C assets are just going to be archived on some server somewhere and left to rot. I wish there was some way big studios could do this kind of public concept/game testing without having gone into full production mode first, and also more of them.
I adblock smilies.

Houlden
Unter Peon

Postby Houlden » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Merson wrote:
iMess wrote:Sounds like a "EA Management didn't want to give us the freedom to make the game we wanted, so we are out of a job and the last 3 years is wasted." Oh well, End of Nations is still on its way.

You can't blame this on EA. There's a reason they pulled the plug at this point in time.

Actually, you kind of can. It was originally going to be a straight up Generals game in the Frostbite engine, and then they had some fantastic idea to put microtransactions in every game, and then turn the new Generals into a straight up F2P MP-only C&C game.

The team making it was originally Bioware (which is a fully EA owned studio), changed the name of the team at the time of the fantastic F2P MP-only transition (also because it was just after the Tortanic sank and ME3 got so much shtick - not really a trusted brand at that point), so yeah, the team was under strict EA supervision.

Not entirely surprised they pulled the plug, they wouldn't want yet another screw up on one of their major franchises.
i5 3570k - Hyper 212 Evo - ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance - 2x SLI MSI 760 - 128GB Samsung 830 - 1TB WD Red

Return to “General Chat”