Exactly what it says on the tin
iMess
Your base looks nice, can i have it ?
Origin ID: imesx
Battle.net: wewlad
steamid: imess

Re: C&C Fans

Postby iMess » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 am

I think its only an issue if you have <10Mb internet or limited bandwidth. Knowing that my 30Mb will be doubled shortly, I don't really mind. But I do agree that development needs to be streamlined in terms of innovation of compressive technologies. I think games that require 4 DVDs is stupid.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Well, I know the C&C collection is a bunch of games of varying sizes, but speaking less specifically I don't really mind any size so long as it's worth it. Rage is supposedly around 16 hours long or so, and for all the variation that megatexture allowed them to do, many have said the overall image quality in some aspects isn't better than HL2 from 2004. On the other hand I've spent around 16 hours playing terraria which weighs in at 30MB.

Going back a few years we would have said a game on 4 CDs was stupid (Hi Westwood), and no doubt in the future we'll be saying a game on 4 blu-rays is stupid. For that matter, why isn't the C&C collection on a blu-ray?
I adblock smilies.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Freelance wrote:
xconspirisist wrote:trolol, origin taking over steam? I hope the fuck not.

Well, when EA only release their games on origin, it's the only way to play EA games.

Having said that, EA would love to have their games on steam for the sheer amount of people who use steam (and some new releases are) and steam would love to have them as EA are still kind of a big deal and sell lots of games (of which they take a slice for everything sold through steam) and Valve don't really care if your game uses another client once it's sold through steam. The thing keeping some games off steam is if those steam-sold copes then go and sell DLC through a store that isn't steam, which would allow developers and publishers to exploit steam by selling their game dirt cheap (or free) and then raking in the money without paying valve for the service and providing the eyeballs on the games.

The thing is though, steam was the pathfinder for digital download, there were others, but steam was the big one. Now everyone wants a piece of that pie without paying the middle-man (valve). EA aren't the only ones.

I saw this post, but was too busy to come back to reply at the time.

Good point, well made.

Clearly EA recognize Valve's market leadership in "digital distribution", this space is something they very much would like to get their fangs into. Even as a crappy dishonest bunch of spacktards that they are, as producers of some of the most popular AAA titles they can use their substantial weight behind them to choose quite how to get those games to consumers. Origin was inevitable.

I'm a Zealot for fairness, openness and ethical business practices. For the time I've known it, Steam has worked for me very well, I'll continue to buy games on Steam and choose to avoid Origin an EA as best I can, even if that means missing out on one of Origin-exclusive titles I'd like (hasn't yet happened).

Crafty
Resident Sarcasm Master Admin

Postby Crafty » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm

xconspirisist wrote:Even as a crappy dishonest bunch of spacktards that they are

you make me feel dirty, and not in a good way
dd8890 wrote:i have payed useing paypal it say's on it i have payed on the 5 nov £22.93 buy y is it on westlan saying that i am unpay

Neomancer
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm

most important question still not answered. have they fixed the bugs?

Neomancer
Origin ID: neomancer86
steamid: neomancer86

Postby Neomancer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/command ... re-1505007

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection
PEGI 16+
PC
£24.99
£12.49inc. VAT

iMess

Postby iMess » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 pm

I already have the ones that are worth having.
If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Freelance
1337 Krew
Origin ID: scratched_uk
Battle.net: scratched#2526
steamid: scratched

Postby Freelance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 am

I reinstalled RA2 a while ago. I miss those kind of installers.
I adblock smilies.

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin
Origin ID: Merson
Battle.net: Merson#2706
steamid: Merson

Postby Merson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 am

Remember kids for every EA game you buy we kill a kitten.

bloodtobleed
Westlan Staff
Origin ID: bloodtobleed
Battle.net: bloodtobleed#2312
steamid: 02cfranklin

Postby bloodtobleed » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:15 am

There was no way I could not buy it. My Dad ran off with the original C&C disks, my Red Alert copy was borrowed, and I don't have half the expansions. Probably not worth the £12 considering I owned most of the new ones through Steam sales but the old ones I will not pass up on <3

Also, Merson killed kittens (or got the game for free).

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:12 am

bloodtobleed
Westlan Staff
Origin ID: bloodtobleed
Battle.net: bloodtobleed#2312
steamid: 02cfranklin

Postby bloodtobleed » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 am

Took just under an hour to download and install ALL OF ZE CONTENT. 17MB/s at peak <3
I can see myself slipping half of my summer into playing original C&C. Westwoooood.

iMess

Postby iMess » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQSEfKcyQg

I know i know. I will probably download this tho, as it's free. Is anyone else going to join me when its released?

Merson
Ban Hammer Admin

Postby Merson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Beta is soon if you purchased the C&C collection.

xconspirisist
Pseudo-jolly-fatman, rapid-post-editor, postman-loather, coffee-induced-murderer, meatball-fanatic, GPS-hater, vapourware-author, executioner-of-flying-bugs, eternal emperor of entirety
Battle.net: xcons#2832
steamid: xconspirisist

Postby xconspirisist » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:43 pm

It breaks my heart that they use good name of CnC to advertise new games like this!

The generals comments and soundbites seemed really cheesy. :(

Anywoo, looking forward to seeing release day, is this likely to come out on Steam, or just Origin? Last time I checked it was an EA game and that is what EA uses. I am kinda behind the times atm :P

Return to “General Chat”